Lead Product Designer
Chime is looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer who has an exceptional user-centric approach and desire to design seamless experiences for our members. You’ll help millions of Americans gain financial peace of mind as you bring Chime’s product vision to life. As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll join a team of makers, prototypers, innovators, and builders to help design and create products that will disrupt the financial industry and help empower our members to take control over their financial well-being.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $159,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Act as an evangelist for design & member experiences throughout Chime
- Partner with cross functional leads to create products that bring positive change to our members lives
- Provide design direction and leadership to other designers on the team
- Build at scale
- Use a human-centered design process to solve member problems
- Influence design leadership & cross-functional partners
- Contribute to our design standards and push them forward
To thrive in this role, you have
- A consistent track record of defining and executing new and ambiguous ideas
- Experience owning product design strategy from start to finish
- Experience developing strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to deliver on both business & user goals
- Experience in mentoring and giving feedback to help others grow and level up
- A highly collaborative working style and are a great team player
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.