The Under Armour team is looking for a Lead, Internal Communications. We are on the hunt for a passionate, creative and energetic communications generalist to contribute to and manage our employee communications initiatives both creatively and strategically. This role will work on the internal communications team to create and disseminate compelling communications that will support the messages and campaigns that keep our teammates informed, engaged and inspired.
Reporting to our Sr. Lead, Global Internal Communications, this role will build and execute innovative creative tactics to elevate and champion the brand’s voice internally during a key moment in UA’s history. The Lead, Internal Communications, will develop assets that will support company-wide initiatives, programs, events, campaigns and announcements that drive impact and engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the development, design and maintenance of the intranet site (and internal social media platform)
• Develop, design and distribute the weekly internal team newsletter
• Own the strategy and editorial calendar for Under Armour’s internal communications platforms
• Craft rich and compelling stories that will resonate with the internal teammate population
• Find creative ways to communicate to teammates visually by developing digital media, including internal web content, interactive digital content, and more.
• Work with the broader team to build assets and visuals that provide and support messages to all employees.
• Partner with Internal Brand & Employee Experience team to create digital content to support internal company-wide campaigns and programs.
• Proactively identify and create new opportunities to continually up-level our communications creatives.
• Partner closely with the internal events team to execute company events like Town Hall, Teammate Talks, new internal team campaigns and more.
• Partner with leadership team/staff to bring company goals, values and vision to life internally.
• Support overall company growth, purpose, mission and values.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication project.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite of print design programs: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint Sharepoint, Salesforce
• Proficiency in HTML
• Video content development is a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, and at times, ambiguous environment.
• You are adaptable and humble, willing to take on projects big and small.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under deadline pressure.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proactive, results-oriented, and…fun!
Education And / Or Experience
• 3-5 years of communications experience
• BA/BS from a 4-year program preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.