Lead Financial Analyst
LiveWire is soulful by design, transforming the everyday into urban adventure and beyond. Drawing on its DNA as an agile disruptor from the lineage of Harley-Davidson and capitalizing on a decade of learnings in the EV sector, LiveWire’s ambition is to be the most desirable electric motorcycle brand in the world. With a dedicated focus on EV, LiveWire plans to develop the technology of the future and to invest in the capabilities needed to lead the transformation of motorcycling. LiveWire is headquartered virtually, with initial hubs in Silicon Valley, CA (LiveWire Labs) and Milwaukee, WI.
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Lead Financial Analyst provides overall financial leadership, guidance and analytic support for appropriate functional areas and corresponding departments within LiveWire. This role is responsible for business partner finance support, management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for assigned areas.
We are seeking a candidate who can thrive in an environment of innovation that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will have an opportunity to work in a remote virtual environment.
This is a virtual position and it can be located anywhere in the US.
- Provides comprehensive financial support for assigned departments, including, but not limited to monthly performance reports, financial analysis, expense variance review, and recommendations for corrective actions when needed.
- Provides business analysis with particular emphasis in understanding the business or corporate group being supported; Assists directors and managers with the financial management of their departmental expenses.
- Coordinates the development and assist in the preparation of all budgets and forecasts for expense, capital, and headcount in accordance with the financial planning calendar.
- Provides monthly support to the business: Records month-end journal entries/accruals; assures all expenses are recorded in the month incurred; distribute departmental performance reports; and analyzes spending variances.
- Trains new analysts and stakeholders throughout area of responsibility and provides any necessary guidance and direction.
- Assumes leadership responsibility as necessary, including being an advocate for new ideas and serving as an example for coworkers.
- Accountable for ensuring all accounting complies with GAAP and executing SOX controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related degree. An MBA or CPA is preferred but not required
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years related work and/or public accounting experience.
- Ability to translate data into insights and communicate simply across all levels of the organization
- Team player that can collaborate and influence across the organization, including senior leadership
- Competency in the use of spreadsheets and accounting systems for the purpose of analysis and financial modeling.
- Strong interpersonal skills and skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter continuously looking for process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining the broader, analytical perspective; and excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications required
- (Preferred) Experience with a large ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
Pay Range: $90,000-$110,000
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
LiveWire is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401(K) program, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.