Lead Director, CEO Communications
CVS Health, one of the top healthcare companies in the United States, is seeking a content and messaging lead to join the CEO Communications team. Reporting to the Chief Strategic Advisor to the CEO, this is a highly visible and collaborative position responsible for leading content and messaging development for the CEO of CVS Health. This role works in close partnership with colleagues from across the Corporate Communications team and other parts of the business.
You should be a c-suite executive communications professional who thinks strategically, adapts quickly, has managed senior leader social media channels, and has strong writing skills. You have proven yourself capable of exerting influence on others without direct management responsibility and are a true team player with executive presence and who thrives on regular interaction with colleagues across the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of the CEO internal and external communications strategy, in collaboration with enterprise communications colleagues.
- Write and/or edit briefing materials and scripting/messaging for internal keynotes, external presentations and thought leadership, memos, media engagements, social media platforms, interviews and events.
- Ability to weave stories, facts and data together to drive home key messages in a memorable, humanistic way.
- Manage the master messaging framework and proof points for the CEO, ensuring fresh content from across the enterprise as well as external research.
- Key contributor to the story mining process for the CEO Communications team to collect unique customer and colleague stories to be used in CEO messaging.
- Key contributor to the development and execution of CEO video productions with internal resources and external vendors, including content development and post-production reviews.
- Partner closely and provide guidance on CEO social media and thought leadership presence and content, in collaboration with the Content & Experiences and External Affairs teams.
- Partner closely with the CVS Health social & engagement and external affairs teams to build CEO presence and actively build our brand and promote our mission and purpose in market – both proactively building a voice in the market and reacting to events and opportunities as they occur, particularly from an overall messaging and social media perspective.
- Implement processes to ensure efficient and effective planning, content development and execution across all aspects of executive communications, working in partnership with other communications leads.
- 7+ years of communications experience writing for executives at a Fortune 500 company and/or with Fortune 500 clients at an agency.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- 2 yrs In-house background
- Ability to travel up to 10%
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Preferred experience in healthcare communications
Bachelor’s degree required in related field
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.