J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Lead Designer, Brand Experience Design with a focus on Corporate Brand Expressions to be located in New York, NY and reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Design. This role will require onsite presence at least three days weekly, with two days reserved for remote work.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The J&J Design team works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals, MedTech and Corporate. By applying the power of design, we optimize the user experience into the lives of patients, consumers, healthcare providers and employees.
Here, you’ll have the outstanding opportunity to collaborate with business partners from inception and at every stage of design development. This empowers us to both shape and implement programs that touch more than one billion Johnson & Johnson customers daily.
We foster an inclusive environment where each of us is welcomed, valued, respected and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. You will join a remarkably dedicated and diverse group of people who support, challenge and inspire each other every day.
You are a change-making design professional. Grounded in empathy and curiosity, you are a purpose-led and human-centered leader who is deeply committed to understanding people’s needs and translating those insights into innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of collaboration not only with team members, but also with cross-functional business teams to develop transformative brand experiences and understands how the experiences will work across multiple touchpoints.
A problem-solver at heart, you look to simplify complexity by creating design solutions through an iterative process. You believe that your work can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. That ideas spark positive change. That small details yield important insights. And that teamwork is the best way forward.
You will use your design skills and utilize design thinking to deliver project work and key initiatives across multiple touchpoints. You may handle many projects at once, and many with critical deadlines, and you excel at knowing how to successfully prioritize your work to meet the objectives set forth. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
You are an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life.
From your deep knowledge and expertise in branding and innovation, you develop and contribute to design concepts over a range of subject areas that are equally ambitious and viable for business solutions.
- You have proven experience with developing project objectives, strategies and tactics across multiple touchpoints to conceptualize a comprehensive vision, and are adept at interpreting data and insights into solid design solutions and translating them into compelling design strategies and visuals
- You are a storyteller at heart who can articulate ideas and written creative concepts and experiences with design and business objectives. You will be involved in multiple projects with critical timeframes that you will consistently deliver on-budget and on-deadline
- Your scope of work will include designing branded experiences with a range of communications: print, digital, motion graphics and environmental design
- You will partner and collaborate with key partners, designers and product owners and take ownership of certain aspects of the project or program, and independently manage the workload
- Leadership comes naturally, and you will exhibit these skills through day-to-day project work and mentorship in career development
- You will coordinate deadlines in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Through multiple channels of teamwork, you will help create cohesive brand experiences and standard methodologies across touchpoints, meeting specifications and proscribed budgets and timelines
- You’ll work closely with project team members to propose design solutions for the business partner’s anticipated needs, gaps and goals
- A bachelor’s degree or professional experience in design or related ﬁeld is required
- At least 6 years of design-related experience is required
- Exhibited experience in brand design system and innovation is required
- Proven track record to manage complexity, e.g., work experience with multi-faceted projects where you exhibit your role and impact is required
- Strong visual, written and oral communication skills are required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required.
- Experience with animation in After Effects is preferred
- Up to 75% hands-on design work is required
- This role is located in New York, New York with a possibility of minor travel (10 – 20%) as needed
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.