Lead Data Engineer
Want to join one of Forbes’ next billion dollar startups that’s backed by VCs such as Kleiner Perkins, Accomplice, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI Fund), BoxGroup, Village Global, and many more? If so, Secureframe could be the place for you. Secureframe is on a mission to help organizations build trust and stay secure. Getting secure can take months, slowing a company’s speed-to-market and sales. We believe security—when done right—should accelerate innovation and growth. That’s why we started Secureframe.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer with hands-on experience building and delivering data warehouse/lake/lakehouse, self-service tooling, data models, and APIs to power business intelligence platforms and data solutions for various functional areas. You will be leading and collaborating on a greenfield project to build our Data Platform - warehouse, pipeline, and business intelligence tools.
Annual Compensation: $180,000 -$220,000.
What You'll Do
- Lead, design, implement, and maintain data pipelines that enable the ingestion of raw data into a storage platform, transform the data to be optimized for analytics, and make the data available for various data consumers using their tool of choice.
- Lead and develop database models to support data lifecycle management, data collection, and data refreshes including data validation, data verification, and data enrichment.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and business users on the development of BI solutions, defining new data integrations and/or modeling efforts.
Who We're Looking For
- 6+ years in a Data engineering role working with data warehouses (like Snowflake, Redshift), pipelines (like Segment, Stitch), and familiarity with business intelligence tools (like Looker, Tableau)
- Exceptional knowledge of data warehouse/lake /lakehouse design practices and various schema design methodologies (Star, Snowflake, Fact Constellation, etc).
- Deep experience with SQL and at least one programming language
- Fluent in structured and unstructured data, modern data transformation methodologies, usage of APIs, and experience with Modern Data Stack
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills that have guided data-driven decisions
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a desire to grow
- Superb communication skills working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid family leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the team
Secureframe is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create an environment where every team member at Secureframe feels like they belong so they can have a greater impact on our business and customers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Collaboration, connection, and having fun with colleagues is an important part of our culture as a remote first company. Therefore, all employees must be able to travel by air to company offsites two to four times per year (reasonable accommodations will be made where appropriate).