Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's most exciting brands and products. More than that, Neighborhood Goods is a community, bringing people together to shop, eat, and learn in our vibrant physical spaces.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
Our in-house restaurant, The Goods Café, features a range of offerings such as small plates, lunch, dinner, and desserts, as well as coffee and a full bar. We offer a hybrid service model, including counter-service, table-service, full bar and coffee selections, and take out.
About the Restaurant Lead Cook (Full-Time)
- Practical culinary/cook experience required
- Follow standardized recipes, cooking methods, portion controls, and packaging.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instruction, and prepare food according to instructions and recipe.
- Maintain high standards in food preparation and assume responsibility for quality and quantity of products served while working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to accurately prepare multiple orders in a timely manner.
- Wash and maintain clean dishes, glassware, flatware, trays, pots, and pans using dishwashers or washing manually, at times.
- Properly place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas. Ensure kitchen work areas, equipment, and tools are clean and in orderly condition.
- Is detail-oriented, able to learn quickly, safety-minded, courteous, organized, customer-service focused and a great team player.
- Cut and prepare ingredients using basic knife skills.
- Lead the kitchen and FOH Staff
- Support in store events and catering
- Maintain all food handling standards and code
- 2+ years of qualified cooking experience.
- Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
- Must be able to effectively and respectfully communicate with all levels of associates, management and vendors.
Some Benefits and Perks
- Competitive hourly pay
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employee discounts
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.