Lead Communications Consultant and Writer
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As part of its vision for a flatter, more nimble organization that is easier to do business with, Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) has created horizontal functions known as centers of excellence to support all client coverage channels. Banking, Lending, & Trust is a center of excellence that brings teams and functions currently found across WIM’s consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The group is focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to deliver innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will deliver a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Communications Consultant to join our Chief Administrative Office (CAO) that supports Banking, Lending & Trust and The Private Bank. This team is responsible for creating and executing a strategy that encompasses the full array of communications needs associated with the business. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Lead Communications Relationship Manager to the business to prioritize communication needs, objectives, and timeline. Writers will support all business lines.
- Understand business, leaders’ communication style, business products, offering and business growth objectives
- Serve as coach to junior writers to help ensure voice, style, tone, and employee engagement objectives are carried throughout communication
- Responsible for Banking Lending &Trust newsletters, writing and submitting articles to partner newsletters
- Responsible for working with the line of business on all communications, including client remediation communications, intranet content, e-alerts, success stories and business product and service communications
- Write talking points and content for webcast, podcasts, videos, content for social media
- Edit communications for the line of business and consult on communications not developed or written by Banking, Lending & Trust and The Private Bank Communications team
- Work with LOB clients on intake of communication requests, coach clients on communication channels, and processes
- Educate communication team as appropriate on storytelling, communication, Wells Fargo and AP styles of writing
- Develop and implement communications strategies to promote and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation
- Advise more experienced management on communications strategy to drive business priorities, and support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Partner with other Communications teams to ensure alignment of communications strategies and messaging
- Serve as an InfoMAX publisher
- 5+ years of Public Relations, Media Relations or Corporate Communications experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience leading the development of newsletters, newsletter content, feature stories, product and service communications
- Experience writing talking points and content for webcast, podcasts, videos, and content for social media
- Experience publishing to intranet sites
- Proficient in AP Style writing and brand and communication guidelines
- Knowledge of digital communications such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and MicroSoft Teams
- Knowledge and understanding of Banking, Lending, Trust and High Net Worth businesses
- Ability to pitch story ideas to build product and service awareness in ways that drive business goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience consulting and partnering with leadership and other functional groups across an organization
- Ability to provide coaching and guidance
Job Posting Locations:
- 114 N. Beaumont St - D Bldg – St. Louis, MO
- 401 S. Tryon St. – Charlotte, NC
- Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management strategic locations footprint may be considered. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.