Lead Broadcast Engineer
We are looking for an experienced lead broadcast engineer that has worked in both truck and control room environments. The applicant should have experience in high-end broadcast systems as well as low end systems and the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems to keep production on schedule. The engineer should have a good knowledge of current broadcast systems and have a good understanding of future or next generation broadcast systems.
- Manage the entire life cycle of the broadcast systems including, Design, Purchasing, Installation, Integration, configuration, and maintaining the daily engineering operations
- Must be able to quickly troubleshoot and repair various live-to-air issues
- Recommend and research next steps in our broadcast goals
- Ability and knowledge in various broadcast systems and computer systems environment
- Operate various broadcast systems depending on our show needs
- Research and recommend systems upgrade
- Design and implement full control room systems or individual systems
- Manage, schedule, and oversee any engineer department help, staff or freelance
- Responsible for annual financial planning for maintenance, new equipment purchases, and personnel
- Responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring engineering team as the broadcast group expands
- 7+ years experience as a lead, head, or director level broadcast engineer
- Troubleshooting and quick resolution of live to air issues
- Broadcast production truck EIC experience
- Understanding of “I.T.” management and systems
- Familiarity with our current broadcast systems and possible future upgrades
- Flexibility to act as an “operator” on various broadcast gear
- Understanding of “ZOOM”, “The Switch” and other video transport systems
- Understanding of schematics and other troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with Patch Bays and Router systems
- Ability to wire and integrate various systems in a truck and control room environment
- Proven ability leading a crew in design, installation, maintenance and daily operations
- Proficient with large verity of Routers, Switchers, Cameras, CG’s, replay and playout devices, and signal transport equipment.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and ideas
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work in stressful situations
- Grass Valley Kayenne K-Frame
- Calrec Audio Board
- Pesa and Micron Routing systems
- RTS and Riedel comms systems
- Singular and Chyron Graphics systems
- Ikegami Cameras
- Full sensor cameras used on stage and tied into truck for events (Canon, Sony…)
- College degree or equivalent technical experience
This position is eligible for remote working.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.