Lead Brand Designer
MattelEl Segundo, CA15 days ago
The Vehicles Brand Creative Team is looking for an experienced mid-to-senior level Lead Designer (Art Director) a passion for gaming and apps, as well as branding and graphic design. Highly conceptual and capable of leading and designing with internal and external developers, as well as visual communication materials that support the brand strategy and business objectives. Must demonstrate a proven track record in developing strategically driven ideas and creative assets, with a strong understanding of graphic design, typography, as well as a passion for what we do every day – helping to foster the imaginations of our future leaders, it’s all about the kids!
What Your Impact Will Be:
While scope of responsibilities will span across branding- logo/graphic development, brand guides and merchandising, there is a focus of responsibility requiring strong fluency and experience in gaming and digital marketing.
- Knowledge and fluency in kid gaming/apps industry- including UX/UI design and working with developers to execute with excellence
- Strong understanding of digital and gaming best practices and design principles is required
- Lead the development of big ideas that are on-brand, on trend and can translate across marketing communications- including print, web and social media
- Prioritize multiple projects at any given time and efficiently deliver on time
- Art Direct and lead creative resources inside and outside the company
- Maintain ownership of work from concept through final delivery while appropriately communicating with supervisor to ensure alignment
- Excellent and persuasive presentation skills to gain buy-in from key stakeholders across the organization is required
- Collaborate and partner with team of copywriters, producers, marketing partners and fellow designers in a positive and productive manner
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years minimum in Art Direction, Graphic Design or similar field
- Design Firm/Agency Experience as Art Director strongly preferred
- Experience on the publishing side of the video game industry
- Branding, graphic design experience required
- Digital and Social experience preferred
- Versed and on-top of current trends (gaming, art, pop culture, design & typography, advertising, automotive, social media, digital, entertainment, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills: Adobe Suite, and all relevant software tied to graphic design, animation and content creation (a plus)
- Knowledge and understating of gaming campaign strategies related to asset creation and development
- Demonstrate ability to translate core branding equities and tone through a variety of game aesthetics
- Tapped into global youth-oriented design, marketing campaigns and trends
- Ability to see large picture while not losing focus of details
- Openness to learn from other and courage to inspire others
- Ability to mentor and train new designers
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Tenacious and full of creative energy!
- Relentless passion and enthusiasm for the work, finding solutions and always striving to make it better and more impactful
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker who embraces change and taking on new challenges
- Strong collaborator that takes personal accountability and love to work in a team environment
- Effective in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Fast Learner
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Loves vehicles of all types
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.