Lead Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
In this position you will help build the next generation of DocuSign’s eSignature Core Platform. Your goal would be to help build highly scalable, highly performant applications and services in an environment with 5 9’s availability and bank grade security. You will be part of a team of great engineers focusing on delivering quality products and services that live directly in the heart of our customer’s workflows. You will be both a leader and a do-er, focusing on building solutions that are intuitive, simple yet powerful to meet the wide range of needs of our customers.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Engineering and is designated Flex.
- Architect, implement and maintain some of DocuSign’s highest scale services
- Partner with product managers, designers, program managers and cross-domain teams to build global scale products and technologies
- Help shape and drive the vision of DocuSign Agreement Cloud
- Build APIs to power the next generation of DocuSign’s customer multi-screen experiences that are responsive, highly performant and AI driven
- Help drive developer efficiencies through engineering best practices, automation, CI/CD
- Work with world class telemetry systems to work through complex problems and solve them with data
- Guide and mentor other engineers through design and code reviews
- Revolutionize DocuSign core services and APIs
- Think through how systems will scale and fail as they grow
- Take complicated problems and break them down in to bite sized pieces, then ship every few weeks to get there
- Work throughout the stack, from network protocols to database performance and back
- 12+ years of software engineering experience in high scale distributed systems
- 12+ years of experience building resilient and highly available web services
- Experience documenting architectural standards and decisions
- Strongly preferred - experience with node.js
- Experience in full stack development
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in full stack development with languages like NodeJS and Java as well as database experience with NoSQL
- SaaS or Cloud experience
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $147,800 - $208,775 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.