Lead Analyst, Data Analytics
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker’s vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Lead Analytics Analyst will lead the development, distribution and usage of analytics tools for the Stryker CMF division. This position will be responsible for the training & ongoing support needed to ensure that the analytics tools are helping drive growth, identify new opportunities, and increasing data-literacy across the functions they are responsible for. The Lead Analytics Analyst will achieve this by working closely with the information technology, finance, sales, strategic sales, demand planning, and marketing teams within the CMF division.
This analyst will partner with the divisions commercial functions to lead the identification & prioritization of new analytics tools & insights. This position will lead the development of data models and dashboards to empower stakeholders to make data driven decisions using these new tools. This analyst will ensure that the development is being done such that it can be easily used and understood by everyone from finance to sales.
This analyst will be one of the primary points of contact for the finance, salesforce and marketing teams in the division for any data related questions they may have. This position will support the commercial functions by leading the creation and organization of training content & materials, leading training sessions, answering questions on how to effectively use the available tools, provide consultation sessions and/or reports that lead to actionable data-driven insights, and monitor usage of the various analytics tools.
This analyst will support multiple functions and will need to translate analytical content into reports, trainings, and dashboards that can be easily understood. This content will be used at multiple levels of the business ranging from Sales Reps and Marketing Associates up to division leadership.
What you will do
- Collaborate with information technology and commercial functional teams to develop new analytics tools & insights
- Translate analytical content into reports, trainings, and dashboards
- Responsible for development and delivery of trainings on how to use data-driven tools to improve a functions business
- Investigate data issues and feedback from supported departments
- Track & report on usage of analytics tools
- Track & increase usage of analytics tools across supported departments
- Partner with commercial functions to drive increased data literacy and usage of data-driven targeting within the training curriculum
- Develop dashboards and reports within Power BI to provide quick answers to questions that may not be available within the current analytics tools
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and implementing enhancements to existing analytics tools, databases, data collection methods, statistical methods, technology, and training methods
- Contribute to projects with cross-functional teams to determine analytics / statistical needs, define key metrics, measure business performance, and implement data related initiatives/tasks
- Act as a role model to the department and organization through your work ethic, integrity, and team approach
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of work experience related to data analytics activities
- Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Analytics, Data Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Familiarity with interpreting & communicating analytical content
- Experience within medical device industry or related industry preferred
- Familiarity with business intelligence and analytics platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) and how to effectively utilize them within a business
- Applied experience leading a project and employing appropriate project management tools preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to influence and interact with cross-functional team members
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow in a rapidly changing environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Prove ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Self-managed and motivated
This role requires that someone be based within a reasonable commuting distance to the Kalamazoo/Portage area. This role does offer the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week.