Laboratory Facilities Coordinator
Based in Southern California with locations in Malibu, Calabasas and Camarillo; HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and repair of program related facilities.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Manages and directs facility maintenance functions related to program operations
- Remain familiar with the location of and have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection systems to ensure proper operations
- Coordinate, and assist as required with, the general building maintenance, as needed to execute program, and assist as required
- Coordinate, and assist as required with, the periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, e.g., normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment
- Systems include, but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components
Coordinate, and assist as required with, a variety of maintenance duties involved in the repair and maintenance of buildings and facilities to include:
- Interior patching and painting of the facilities.
- Routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Assemble and move furniture, hang pictures and white boards, etc.
- Repair and replacement of door knobs or locks, repairs door closures
- Notify management of any indoor/outdoor items that may pose a danger to employees, tenants or visitors
- Ensures the performance of Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) on all program essential facilities
- Compiles accurate and concise reports of work performed
- Performs daily open work order reconciliation
- Ensures facilities work is performed using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respond to requests through both personal contact and work order systems
- Coordinate contractor, and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with the site
- Maintain log of work order details
- Assist with the preparation of maintenance logs and records
- Maintain organized files
- AS or BS in engineering discipline or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in planning and coordinating Facilities Maintenance procedures
- Broad knowledge of Facilities Maintenance techniques, procedures and knowledge of maintenance materials.
- Must be knowledgeable following; Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Power Plant Operations, Carpentry, Small Appliance Repair, Minor Construction, Painting, Heavy Equipment Operations
- Familiar with facilities electrical and mechanical drawing
- Knowledge of machines, tools and devices used in performing Facilities Maintenance.
- Holds any necessary/required licenses
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to withstand frequent standing, walking, and repeatedly lifting objects with heavier weight necessary at times and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have reliable transportation and be available for after hour emergency calls
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to organize schedules of multiple projects and make decisions
- Analytical skills
- Familiarity with dry cool chillers, CRAC units, RTU’s etc.
- Familiarity with BMS (Building Management System) and Maintenance scheduling software
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active Secret clearance for this position. An active TS/SCI is highly desirable.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Regular/Full Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, age, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.