Acreage HoldingsEgg Harbor, NJ16 days ago
The Laboratory Technician will complete tasks as assigned by the Manufacturing Director to monitor and maintain the organization, cleanliness, and efficiency of the laboratory areas. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and able to follow established SOPs to ensure product integrity and quality control in a highly regulated environment.
- Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, supplies, and equipment
- Maintain immaculate production and laboratory environments adhering to SOPs and manufacturing standards
- Clean and sterilize laboratory glassware and tools maintaining a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Perform laboratory intake procedures, which include the use of analytical balances and our seed-to-sale product management system.
- Prepare samples which includes routine use of chemicals, pipettes, and centrifuge equipment
- Prepare reagent solutions upon authorization
- Conduct potency analytical testing of extracted cannabis product throughout the various stages of product development; Tests include but are not limited to: HLC potency assay and purity; ICP-MS heavy metals analysis; analysis of terpenes.
- Perform method development testing and the corresponding documentation
- Prepare protocols and executing method validations as needed for new products
- Responsible for operation, calibration, and maintaining lab equipment
- Verify / performance qualify (PQ) equipment at appropriate intervals, consistent with manufacturers’ recommendations, to ensure the accuracy and reliability of equipment performance
- Maintain instrumentation (equipment) logbooks for all laboratory equipment requiring calibration or IQ/OQ/PQ (installation qualification/operation qualification/performance qualification)
- Maintain quality control measures to ensure all products are of consistent strength, high quality, purity, and meet NJ DOH (New Jersey Department of Health) regulation standards
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked, properly equipped, and well organized
- Maintain laboratory records with respect to current procedures, test data, and calibration records
- Ability to multitask while maintaining production and quality standards
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), cGMP (good manufacturing practices), cGLP (good lab practices) NJ DOH (New Jersey Department of Health), and N.J.A.C 8:64 (the New Jersey administrative codes for the medical marijuana program) regulations
- May help in other departments as needed/Other duties as assigned. Willingness to cross-train to create finished product as needed
- Lab relegated technical capacity
- Demonstrated proactivity, flexibility, adaptability and multi-tasking
- Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Good organization skills
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry, or related field is preferred
- Preferred Experience in a regulated laboratory setting is preferred
- Computer & equipment operations necessary for laboratory analysis (HPLC, GCMS/MS, analytical balance, automated pipettes, centrifuge, Lab Solutions, word, and excel)
- Thorough understanding of New Jersey State law governing medical marijuana and Good Manufacturing Practices (preferred)
- Familiarity with history and varieties of medical marijuana (preferred)
The job is performed indoors in a traditional laboratory setting. Exposure to chemicals and laboratory agents is expected. Protective safety clothing, goggles, gloves, facemasks, or hat are required as needed.
Activities include extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education / Experience
Bachelor of Science or Masters in a Science field preferably Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- At least 1 year of related work experience in analytical Lab
- Experience in cannabis potency testing methods (preferably).