The Lab Manager is responsible for overseeing their team in the daily extraction and refinement of cannabis and the production of concentrate products and the facility's extraction/processing methods and procedures.
We are only accepting candidates with a Doctor of Philosophy or equivalent degree in organic and pharmaceutical chemistry; analytical chemistry, including analysis of medicinal products; pharmacology; pharmaceutical technology; pharmacognosy; or relevant field at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all processes in extraction and refinement of cannabis.
- Ensure that production schedules are met within deadlines.
- Coordinate operations and schedules of personnel.
- Interview, hire, and train personnel.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational policies and procedures.
- Create and deliver weekly reports on key performance metrics.
- Implement and maintain appropriate quality control processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Doctor of Philosophy or equivalent degree in organic and pharmaceutical chemistry; analytical chemistry, including analysis of medicinal products; pharmacology; pharmaceutical technology; or pharmacognosy required.
- HPLC experience required.
- Previous management/supervisory experience in a regulated field that adheres to health and safety policies and procedures required.
- Must be able to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- 3 year(s) of management/supervisor experience preferred.
- Operations or performance improvement skill sets preferred.
- General knowledge of lab, distillation, or alcohol production preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Verano is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.