The R&D Lab Assistant will be responsible for testing & assessing new or currently used hardware, raw material inventory, creating samples, analytical testing, and tracking data on products in the innovation stream. These activities will lead into product commercialization tasks including the development of specifications and assisting with the qualification of equipment for the innovation group.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario and the largest privately owned cannabis company in Canada with the #1 market share in the vape segment. We are the creator of internal brands such as BOXHOT, DEBUNK, Boondocks, and Floresense that are deeply connected to the diverse and evolving needs of today's consumer market.
We also operate as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP’s) and 3rd party brands.
As Motif continues to grow, we are seeking talented and driven individuals to join our team. Our company culture is centered around integrity, collaboration, and quality and these core values are at the heart of everything we do.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare samples for external and internal customers
- Maintain a lab inventory of raw materials and work-in-progress materials
- Pull and ship raw materials and finished goods to external and internal customers as requested
- Verify scales and other laboratory analytical equipment and maintain documentation.
- Conduct analytical tests on samples as assigned.
- Packing and shipping materials for outgoing sample requests.
- Maintain file documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments, batch records, and sensory feedback
- Pick up and deliver various items needed by the R&D or other supporting groups
- Maintain a clean working area and assist with sanitation and maintenance of R&D laboratory and storage areas.
- Developing specifications products
- Perform packaging assessments (fit testing, print testing)
- Qualification (IQ/OQ) of equipment for Innovation Team
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- This is an onsite role
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a science-related program with a lab component
- 1-3 years experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience within the pharmaceutical, lab testing, food, and/or cannabis industry an asset
- Experience with product development an asset
- Organized: documentation, tracking materials, and maintaining tasks lists
- Strong verbal and written skills: must be able to present ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Time Management: managing multiple tasks at one time with several stakeholders in fast paced environment
- Translating information between technical and non-technical personnel
- Laboratory competency: able to learn and use a variety of equipment types to conduct development work
- Self-starter: ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
Submit your resume today for consideration!
NOTE: All candidates are required to complete a criminal background check. We thank all interested candidates, only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ON SITE):
This role is performed on site at our production facility in Aylmer, Ontario and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued manufacturing safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while inside our production areas.