The Edibles Kitchen Supervisor reports to the Facility Manager and is responsible for production of Cresco Labs medically infused edible products. Manage a team of chefs to carry out day-to-day tasks including prepping, cleaning, cooking, and operating basic production machinery. Produce edibles in accordance with the State and standards set by Cresco Labs.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work with Facility Manager to set weekly and monthly production schedules.
- Manage kitchen chefs with daily production of baked goods, chocolates and confections using commercial machinery.
- Understand and execute batch calculations per Cresco Edibles manufacturing formulas.
- Maintain production logs, lab test results and QC retain samples.
- Organize and inventory ingredients and other kitchen production supplies at the facility.
- Works with Materials Manager/Supervisor to place ingredient orders with approved vendors, log and date each shipment.
- Packaging finished goods, producing compliance labels, and finalizing metric movements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of state and county health department requirements for Kitchen Production Facilities. – Handle preparation for periodic inspections.
- Maintain a clean and safe production facility.
- Ensure personal hygiene is acceptable under standards set by Cresco Labs before performing any production activities by washing hands, wearing a hair net, changing clothes, etc.
- Complete the sanitation of production equipment and tools including workspace, production and packaging equipment, cookware and appliances.
- State-required sanitation license must be up to date.
- And all other job duties assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Experience in a field and/or operation that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferable a regulated field producing products for human consumption.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of recipes, food production and kitchen sanitation.
- Strong and effective task-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail – ability to monitor basic kitchen production in processes, organize and maintain production logs and ingredient lot numbers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Experience in a production-heavy kitchen, kitchen management and chocolate/confection work a plus.
- Ability to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds to torso level is necessary.
- Ability to lead, coach, and motivate teams.
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.