We are looking for a Junior Designer who is ready to embrace the bold, think differently about the coffee landscape, and create work that upholds our brand values. You have some tough but rewarding work ahead of you.
With guidance from our senior design team, working closely with our marketing team, you will be responsible for creating visual assets that stand out in a sea of oversaturated, cookie cutter advertising, deployed by the evil corporations seeking to devour the populations attention at every turn.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media, especially digital
- Working with senior team members to receive feedback
- Working effectively cross departmentally
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Thinking differently; allowing us to destroy competitors' attempts to be like us
Who you are:
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- Must have solid design, layout and typography skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A determination to achieve and succeed within a team setting
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high energy environment (We have strong coffee for that!)
- Ability to see projects through from inception to production, delivering consistently
- regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to listen to feedback and use it to maintain and improve design standards
- Present designs to Art Director as well as outside teams that are involved in the projects
- Minimum of 1-year professional design experience
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be a team player
- Understanding of UI and UX will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of online marketing would be preferred
- An updated portfolio of the projects undertaken to date must be submitted with application
Benefits and Perks:
At Death Wish Coffee, we seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute The World’s Strongest ideas. We value your passions just as much as your work and have industry-leading perks to reward a job well done. Did someone say free coffee? In addition, this position will offer:
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program, Life, disability, accident, and critical illness insurances.
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off
This is a Full-Time Exempt, Flex to Death (FTD) eligible role. FTD is the way we work. We have core collaboration hours when we’re fully available to each other and outside of that we work whenever needed to successfully get our job done. We’ll talk more about this during the interview process!