Variety is seeking a passionate and energetic Junior Designer to join our marketing team in our West Los Angeles headquarters. This role will work with the team to promote our redesigned and re-imagined weekly magazine and website and will interact on a daily basis with our Sales, Marketing, Events, Conferences and Circulation teams. This position is responsible for developing and executing original design concepts and overseeing multiple design and production projects simultaneously. This role offers an exciting opportunity to conceptualize and execute bold ideas in both print and digital.
Candidates must provide a portfolio when applying to be considered.
- Design and branding
- Print ads, web ads, banner ads
- PowerPoint Decks
- Media kits, sell sheets
- Logo creation
- Printed signage
- Features promotion
- Prior internship(s) or 1-3 years of experience.
- Strong conceptual thinker who is prolific with ideas.
- Ego-free. Invites feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Have a strong understanding of, and passion for, typography and design principles.
- Must have solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with pixel-perfect execution from beginning to completion.
- Have a willingness to work the hours necessary to meet deadlines.
- Inspires passion, dedication, and excellence from others.
- Take risks in design, pushes past the obvious and makes something outstanding.
- Strong grasp of creative and production processes.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills.
This position pays $25-$25/hr.
As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. The total compensation package for this position will include other elements including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.