WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
Kinship’s Growth team is composed of super-savvy marketing professionals from a variety of backgrounds. From PR and social pros, entrepreneurs, published authors, marketing gurus, award winners, skincare enthusiasts, wellness wunderkind, and so much more! Our diverse set of experiences allow us to collaborate with open minds, puppy-like curiosity, and infectious excitement for being a pivotal team in truly shaping a better world for pets and pet parents. And, we are FUN! By joining our team you’re guaranteed to LOL IRL, easily make work BFFs, and enjoy your fill of cute pet videos and hilarious virtual happy hours.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
You’ll support our design team, creating assets and executions for a wide range of media, across all of our Kinship portfolio brands. Specifically:
- Support our other designers in the creation of a wide range of creative touchpoints, including digital (mobile, web), email, social, video, online editorial, print, physical merch/swag, and visual identity design elements (e.g. logos, iconography, illustrations)
- Work with writers and use design to create effective, harmonious communications that land our brand messages and achieve our audience engagement goals.
- Assist with visual audits of our own brands and competitor brands when needed.
- Stay across the latest design trends, techniques, brand launches etc (in pet care and beyond) and share with your creative and Growth team peers.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- Courage: A positive outlook with the courage to act and address difficult issues or great opportunities. Takes full ownership and engages others to follow.
- Values Differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization, and so proactively seeks this in projects, building teams, and solving business issues.
- Learns at Pace: Drives work with real pace, actively learning through this with experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- 0-1+ years' design experience working with brand visual identity systems across a range of media
- Training (via a University degree or similar) and some working experience in graphic design, typography, color theory, photography and illustration direction, and the common elements of visual design systems.
- Training (via a University degree or similar) and some working experience in designing for digital (mobile, web), email, social, video, online editorial, print, physical merch/swag (or a selection of these things. Okay if stronger in some more than others).
- A strong desire, willingness, and excitement to create awesome things that don’t yet exist, or radically improve things that do.
- A strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and ability to take direction and feedback and use it quickly and constructively.
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship