Location: Remote, Canada
Girlboss is a community of ambitious women and your navigator for the future of work. We’re here to spark the thrill of possibility, to inspire and inform, so that you can find success on your terms.
As a modern media brand, Girlboss creates engaging, resonant content for our audience of 2M+ across multiple channels. These include our website, where we post long-reads, how-tos and profiles, and Girlboss Daily, our must-read morning newsletter. Girlboss Radio is our iconic podcast, which brings listeners career advice they can actually use, via conversations between new host, Avery Francis, and an impressive roster of guests. We also engage our community through Girlboss Goods, a marketplace of products by women-founded small businesses as well and Girlboss Jobs, a job board of dream postings to help our community level up.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers, infinite learners, under-promising and over-delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is powered by a small and mighty fully remote global team.
Girlboss is looking for a reliable and detail oriented Junior Accountant to join our fully remote team. If you’re looking to leverage your business background to make a big difference in a small team, this is the place for you.
You love processes and optimizing every part of your life. You are a doer and have a proven track record of operational excellence and results. You are detail oriented and love to keep things organized and are most at home ensuring whatever needs to get done gets done consistently. You’re highly analytical and are comfortable with contracts, excel models and the finance & accounting function. Most importantly — you are a humble, loyal, and a value driven individual.
In this role, you will wear multiple hats and assist in the day-to-day operations of the business as well as support key growth initiatives.
- Ensure overall integrity of data and accuracy: overall data clean up, compliance & maintenance.
- Assist with the forecasting & budgeting process.
- Assist with payroll and month end oversight with bookkeepers.
- Conduct tax filings & AR management.
- Oversight of inventory & fulfillment.
- Support sales operations processes.
- Provide ad hoc cross functional support and assist with business operations and growth.
- Legal & ESOP support
- Assist with general administrative & customer service tasks as needed.
- Business/analytics degree or equivalent.
- Accounting experience and/or background and/or experience working in the finance and operations function of a startup is a strong asset.
- Strong work ethic - hard worker who maintains high standards.
- Meticulous with details and incredibly organized.
- Humble & dependable, with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fully remote environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity.
Home Office & Productivity
- Flexible remote culture with opportunity for asynchronous operations with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice, anywhere in the world
- Generous stipend to help create your perfect work from anywhere setup
- Support for training & conferences
- Enthusiastic encouragement of power naps & breaks during the work day
- Audible coverage
Culture & Community
- Monthly team activities (Lunch & Learns, AMAs, Socials and Book Club)
- Birthday, Anniversary, Life Celebrations - we’ll celebrate your milestones. You’ll also get the day off on your birthday.
- 3 additional paid days off per year to volunteer for a cause of your choosing
- Annual company-wide retreat and holiday party
- Lots of fun free merch
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited sick days (we support menstrual leave as well!)
- 5 annual personal days
- Annual team holiday shutdown (paid, fully offline between Christmas and New Years)
*Benefits may vary depending on the geographical location where you work.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. For any accessibility-related assistance, please share in your application.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.