WeedMDLondon, ON18 days ago
WeedMD is looking for a Junior Accountant, who will report directly to the Financial Controller, and will be responsible for assisting in all facets of the finance function including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash reconciliations, audit support and other duties as necessary.
- Maintaining an organized filing system for all appropriate documents
- Assist with reconciliation of general ledger and sub ledgers
- Processing and accurate application of invoices in both accounts payable and receivable
- Reviewing and processing expense reports within the company’s policy and guidelines
- Cash application of credit card and EFT payments made by medical patients
- Assist in preparing administrative support for audit inquiries
- Performing 3-way match of invoices, purchase orders and packing slips
- Processing vendor payments as directed
- Assist with weekly cash disbursement reporting
- Verify account codes and signatures for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures
- Act as secondary contact with vendors and customers regarding billing inquiries
- Keep the Finance Manager informed of potential accounting and billing problems
- Serve as a back-up for various accounting and administrative functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- Experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable, and general bookkeeping would be an asset
- Strong Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices
- High degree of mathematical aptitude, analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with routine and repetitive work
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Desire to succeed with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with application software including the Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Travel may be required to facility locations
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place