Jr. Graphic Designer
Sony Electronics Inc. is looking for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer an environment and culture that promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. In addition, our team members enjoy innovative work-life balance opportunities including a hybrid home/office workplace, monthly “Free Fridays”, and early shutdowns on Fridays throughout the year (including half-days during the summer).
So, if you want to join a “Best Place to Work” company and make the world say wow, let's talk.
Overview: Under the direction of our marketing strategy lead, the Jr. Graphic Designer will support different product categories by driving Sony’s brand message through impactful creative media assets. This role will focus primarily on digital campaign creative, including programmatic media, custom designs, email assets, and non-static content (GIFs, digital animations).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement art direction following standardized brand guidelines and maintaining overall brand consistency
- Partner with the business unit teams to ensure all creative brief information is complete
- Brainstorm and support development of new and unique design ideas for campaigns to test across different product lines and media channels
- Support creative proofing from internal and third-party vendors for brand standard accuracy and compliance
- Support special projects as assigned
Requirements and preferred skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in graphic design with emphasis in digital media assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite platforms – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Adobe After Effects skills are a plus
- Agency experience is preferred
- Free-hand design skills are a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Can collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive collective goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, able to manage parallel deadlines, and has prioritization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a passion for creative as a whole – recognizing excellence in typography, design, photography, and brand messaging
Verbiage: The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $43,000 to $53,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Electronics, Inc.
Sony Electronics, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or you can mail your resume to: Sony Electronics, Human Resources Department, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego CA 92127. Please indicate the position you are applying for.