IT Support Technician
Amazon Pharmacy’s mission is to deliver the right medications to our customers at the right times without the complexity and frustration of the traditional healthcare system. We are looking for an experienced Support Technician to join our growing IT team. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through one or all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
IT Support Technicians work with Amazon Pharmacy teams to provide and support the IT equipment and services they need. As an IT Support Technician you will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. This team provides onsite support for Amazon Pharmacy employees with responsibilities including but not limited to: troubleshooting and resolving customer issues with Windows, Mac, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobile device management, cloud based services and permission access, LAN troubleshooting and support, and creating and maintaining documentation.
Key job responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Pharmacy employees.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, email, or ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
- Manage a fluctuating case count.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Hardware procurement and asset management
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field
- Relevant IT Certifications (CompTIA+, ITIL, MCP)
- Experience in Google Administration, Atlassian Products, VMWare
- Prior experience in a Corporate Help Desk environment, healthcare and call center settings
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and PHI compliance
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Experience with project management
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.