IT Support Specialist
Modis currently has an opening for an IT Support Specialist in Rochester, NY. The IT Support Specialist will act as the first point of contact via phone or email to record, triage, and resolve or escalate end user IT issues, using established documentation and processes to maintain high efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for all internal customer incidents and requests.
- Display exemplary customer service skills.
- Follow the service desk management processes & procedures.
- Ensure all incidents and requests are recorded and updated within the service desk system.
- Escalate support calls in accordance with IT procedures.
- Ensure all incidents are correctly categorized & prioritized.
- Resolve all incidents at the first point of contact where possible.
- Communicate, share problems and resolutions, and work with the other IT staff in order to effectively deliver IT services.
- Enforce the security policies of the organization and follows Sarbanes Oxley IT audit processes.
- Drive incident resolution and articulate clearly and concisely with end users.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to and ensure the effective use of the Knowledge Management tool.
- Understand the company’s business drivers and the environment that the business partners operate within.
- Maintain and build professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training events.
- Participate in the out of hours support call rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Able to organize workload and manage own time effectively.
- Have an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong team ethic, but also able to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of the business and how IT can have an impact on it.
- Confident and professional manner, demonstrating discretion & confidentiality.
- Ability to make decisions based on the information at hand.
- · IT experience in a support role with working knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- · Familiarity with the principles of ITIL.
- Certifications in A+, Network+, MCDST, MS, HDI/SDI preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled