IT Support Specialist
We look for a candidate that is:
- Has excellent customer skills, willing to work with users on-demand on ad-hoc requests.
- Is highly organized with good follow-up skills.
- Is willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Is personable and professional. Genuinely enjoys helping others and keeps sensitive information confidential.
- Has excellent time management and detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Can communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including Sr. Executive team members.
- Minimum 1+ years' experience in a customer-facing deskside support/end user computing role.
- Preferred Certifications include vendor certifications in ACMT (Apple Certified Macintosh Technician), Microsoft (MTA, MCSA, MCSE) and network environments.
- Note we are an approximately 85% Mac and 15% PC environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of abilities to and / or hands-on experience in the following:
- Strong networking troubleshooting skills
- Wireless Technologies, Cisco preferred
- Microsoft Active Directory, O365, Terminal Services
- Printer and copier setup experience
- Mobile device and mobile applications experience
- Audio/Visual equipment experience is preferred
- General knowledge of other industry collaboration tools (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office Suite, etc.)
- Technology emergencies and off-hours needs may occur at times. Must be available before hours, after hours, weekends, and during unforeseen events – as needed.
GSD&M Austin Office
- Department: Information Technology
- Reports to: Information Technology Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
- Location: Austin, TX / Onsite 5 days/week / Must be available after hours, before hours, and weekends – as needed.
- Travel: 0-10%
The IT Support Specialist will support GSD&M’s IT Manager, the agency operations, and employees to execute information technology-related activities and operations.
As an IT Support Specialist at GSD&M you will:
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our corporate information technology (IT) network environment. You will be expected to help set up and install the technology to enable large scale and smaller group hybrid model meetings. Users may depend on you to help them resolve complex or simple day-to-day technical needs—such as equipment setup, coordinating with our parent company IT help desk, addressing connectivity needs, etc. You will work closely with the operations and facilities teams to manage the office technical needs. A strong knowledge and understanding of Mac/Apple as well as Microsoft Windows client operating systems and products is required. Excellent hardware and operating system troubleshooting skills needed.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Support end-users with audio video (A/V) support for internal and client meetings.
- Provide support and oversight of audio video (A/V) conference room equipment to ensure seamless connectivity while operating in a hybrid model. Immediate follow-up and resolution of reported issues.
- Technical setup of large-scale meetings, smaller group hybrid, or virtual meetings.
- Support end-users with troubleshooting issues with access or hardware.
- Manage access requests, password resets, additions to security groups and distribution lists.
- Assist with future technology upgrades and builds/manages implementation plans for projects.
- Review technical documentation. Assist with defining and implementing of infrastructure security (hardware, software, OS level, etc.).
- Assist with the decommissioning of equipment or the retrieval of equipment from terminated employees.