IT Support Specialist
What We Do:
As a member of our IT team, you'll help us scale with the growth of Calm. You’ll use SaaS platforms large and small to enable our staff to be efficient and productive; while keeping us secure. We value open communication, collaboration, a can-do attitude; and always put our customer first.
What You’ll Do:
You’re an experienced IT Support Specialist, who can troubleshoot a Mac in your sleep and identify a DNS problem from a mile away. You will be responding to, resolving, and escalating support requests that come in from Slack or Jira tickets. You’ll follow documentation where it exists and help create or update it as needed. You’ll end up becoming a ‘Face of IT’, with many fans across every department. This is a 6 month contract role and based in the Bay Area, this person will need to work out of our San Francisco office 1-2 days per week.
- Take ownership of IT support requests, triaging and escalating as needed
- Provide technical support to staff for Mac, Windows, Chrome and mobile devices
- Manage access control for a wide variety of SaaS and On-Premise applications
- Advocate for end users, ensuring nobody suffers in silence
- Learn our internal tools and systems, documenting new ones as they arrive
- Ship and receive equipment for new hires and other employees
- Be on call from time to time for special deployments or systems updates
- Become a reliable go-to resource on the team for any technical support issues
Who You Are:
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic about helping people, with a friendly and reassuring demeanor
- A critical thinker, good at troubleshooting technical problems
- Experienced in solving hardware and software problems with Apple products including desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Familiar with ticketing systems in an enterprise environment, such as Jira, Asana, Zendesk, etc
- Used to working with a broad variety of cloud based technologies, such as:
- Google Workspace
- Experience supporting in-office IT systems, such as networks or video conferencing
- Familiar with automation tools such as Bettercloud, Zapier, or Okta Workflows
- Experience working in data sensitive environments, such as HIPAA or HiTrust
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.