IT Support Manager
The Global IT Operations team at VaynerX is tasked with providing best-in-class technical support to our employees and ensuring they have the tools and resources they need to execute at a high level. On this team, you won’t just be pushing buttons - you’ll bring your critical thinking skills and an openness to learning new things as we find innovative ways to bring value to our team. We are the backbone of a rapidly growing global agency, and a sense of enthusiasm, drive, and kindness underscores everything we do. We are not your stereotypical IT department - we are on the frontlines, working side by side with our fellow team members to get the job done (and have a little fun along the way).
We are looking for an IT Support Manager to join our growing IT Operations team. You will be a mentor for a team of IT Support Analysts and help drive consistent and scalable policies across the many companies that constitute VaynerX. One of your primary responsibilities will be owning our global ticketing system, which involves responding to employee requests and resolving escalations from our support team. You’ll work closely with Office Ops, HR, Finance, and other teams on cross-functional tasks that require IT assistance, and facilitate the training process for new and existing support team members. You’ll also oversee our hardware asset inventory, administrate core platforms such as G Suite and Slack, and update our tracking sheets, making sure every task is actioned in a timely manner. Because of the hands-on nature of this role, you’ll be expected to work from our Hudson Yards HQ to best support the needs of the team.
We’re mostly a Mac shop, so a strong Apple background and knowledge of Mac-focused MDMs is essential. You’ll spend a lot of time in our core platforms, configuring user accounts, groups, and other settings. A solid understanding of networking protocols and server technologies is useful as well. This role requires someone willing to wear many hats, and to have a vested interest in helping our employees remove blockers and get their work done. You’ll use your natural leadership skills in handling any request our team faces, while also keeping the big picture in mind and thinking of the implication of any actions taken. We’re looking for someone who is driven to succeed, can find creative solutions to new challenges, and will motivate others to do their best. Our company moves quickly; we need someone who can embrace ambiguity and say “how can I help?” even in unfamiliar situations.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to help shape the future of VaynerX as a leader and a mentor on the IT Operations team. If this sounds exciting to you, and you’re ready to step forward and be a part of a really awesome team, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Ensure all IT support tickets are actioned and resolved in a timely manner, and that all responses reflect both the helpfulness and expertise of our department
- Follow and enforce all policies established by the global IT team
- Provide oversight and quality control for the employee onboarding and offboarding process, including the creation/deletion of accounts, IT orientation, laptop deployment, and other tasks as needed
- Provide direct IT support through multiple channels (tickets, emails, Slack, and in-person) and field questions from IT Support Analysts
- Take ownership of any IT-related issues our employees raise, including access requests, printing, network, authentication, hardware, software, or policy issues
- Audit our tracking sheets, laptop inventory, and other software platforms to ensure all outstanding tasks are completed and user lists are up to date
- Manage our hardware asset inventory, including purchasing, inventory management, and decommissioning
- Document policies and procedures, both for the internal IT team and the VaynerX team at large
- Ensure all A/V equipment and conference room tech is up to date and fully functional
- Support onsite client team meetings and all hands meetings from a tech perspective
- Split time between our Hudson Yards HQ and Long Island City office as needed
- Partner with Director of IT on cross-functional projects and emerging issues
- Regularly communicate with Los Angeles, London, and Singapore IT staff and drive consistent policy approach across all offices (may require scheduling meetings outside of EST working hours)
- 1-5 years in a help desk manager role, preferably at a startup and/or digital marketing company
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating an internal IT help desk team
- Proven experience in customer support and a real passion for helping people
- Strong attention to detail and laser-like focus on IT process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills as an admin for the following tools: G Suite, Slack, Office 365, Adobe, Box, and Zoom
- Strong skills with macOS in enterprise environments, including experience with Mac-focused MDMs (such as JAMF or Mosyle)
- Some familiarity with networking concepts, Windows PCs, conference room A/V, live events (all hands meetings), and enterprise storage systems
- Some familiarity with Google Apps Script, bash scripting, or other coding languages
- A willingness to step outside of your comfort zone and take on new challenges, and knowing when to escalate issues to your manager