Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Do you enjoy working in an environment surrounded by dynamic and innovative teams? We’re looking for an IT Supervisor to lead Yelp’s IT Operations team in our Chicago office.
As an IT Supervisor you’ll manage a local team of technicians to meet company goals in delivering five star customer service. You’ll be guiding your team through task management and prioritization, projects, best practices and Yelp processes. We’re looking for inspiring leaders who encourage teams to achieve department goals through great customer interactions.
Yelp’s IT Operations team provides outstanding support for our Yelpers (internal employees) and are the experts when it comes to in-office technology. The IT Operations team focuses on technical support and technology logistics including all onboarding, offboarding, hardware refresh and inventory management. You’ll be managing a small IT fulfillment operation in Chicago that has a focus on inventory management and delivery of goods as well as remote customer support.
Please note that this opportunity is exclusively available physically in office and requires regular attendance in our work space (Monday-Friday). This role can not be completed 100% remotely.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Supervise a small and highly effective team’s daily operations to meet service levels and performance standards.
- Maintain the IT operational environment and oversee inventory and procurement for the fulfillment operations.
- Coordinate asset lifecycle, hardware procurement, fulfillment, and asset recovery operations while maintaining a high level of timeliness and accuracy.
- Communicate with PeopleOps, Recruiting, Workplace and other business partners on projects, events and service changes (new hires/transfers, service rollouts, etc).
- Oversee ticket management for your team and support ticket metrics and analysis.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems and act as an escalation point for customers and technicians.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 4+ years of IT desktop/remote support experience in an enterprise environment and 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Ideally 2+ years of inventory management/warehouse experience.
- Advanced knowledge and Practical experience with the following technologies: macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, Google Apps, MS Office for Mac and Win, Active Directory, Mitel phone system, Jira service desk and Confluence, Jamf, AirWatch/WorkSpace One, MFP printers, SSO (Okta), 2FA (Duo), and video conferencing.
- Advanced ability to lead, coach and mentor a team with a strong focus on customer service.
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems, ticket management, and ticket metrics.
- Experience with project management, process creation and documentation.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
What You’ll Get:
You can find more information about Yelp's five star benefits here!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.