Inside the TED organization, we create the TED Talks video series, the globe-spanning TED Fellows program, the TED-Ed movement to support learners of all ages, and many more idea-driven initiatives. And it's all powered by our world-class technology.
Our work is centered on the continuous improvement for users to easily access ideas and spread them far and wide within their communities. This is an opportunity to join a team that believes passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world.
We are looking for an IT Specialist who will primarily be responsible for Tier 1 & 2 Helpdesk support for the TED organization. You’ll work closely with the IT support team to resolve trouble tickets efficiently and keep the queue triaged. You’ll also be the friendly face of IT support on-site for our New York office. This will include on-boarding new staff, setting up new computers, and general troubleshooting of computers, printers and desk phones. As well as maintenance of the office video conference systems.
This position is based in New York, NY.
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of experience in IT support or helpdesk.
- You’re passionate about customer support and guiding users through various problems & platforms.
- You are excellent at troubleshooting iOS, Mac OS X and Apple hardware.
- You have experience working with G Suite’s Admin Portal and are comfortable managing user and group accounts.
- You understand the trouble ticket queue and know your way around a trouble ticketing system.
- You are familiar with printer troubleshooting and general maintenance.
- You are comfortable configuring & troubleshooting VOIP-based desktop phones.
- You’re extremely comfortable supporting video conferencing systems & associated TV’s & hardware (experience with Crestron is a huge plus)
- You’re a problem solver; ready to tackle any situation with an open mind.
- You’re a self-starter; able to work independently and as a team member.
- You’re friendly and personable.
What will you do?
- Work closely with the Senior IT Manager to manage support for the organization (for both our in-office & distributed staff).
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues via TED’s ticketing system.
- Triage the ticketing queue, ensure tickets are resolved from start to finish and escalate as needed.
- Setup and deploy desktop equipment (laptops, monitors, phones etc..) for new & existing employees.
- Work with the HR & IT team to on-board new employees.
- Install software, patches, updates on desktops, laptops & peripheral equipment.
- Support and maintenance of video conference equipment (TV’s, touch panels & other connected devices).
- Maintain documentation for TED staff and for the IT support team (includes reference documents, How-to’s, Step-by-Step documents etc).
- Jump onto various projects with confidence during times of need. Other duties and special projects may be assigned from time to time.
At TED we value:
- Effective workflows - Team members that are willing to contribute, however possible, to ensure overall effectiveness of the position.
- Communication and collaboration - Our team has excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to create & maintain technical documentation).
- Structured support - Team members have regular support and mentoring from vertical leads, Directors, and the CTO.
- Professional Development - All employees receive a $1,000 professional development stipend annually.
- Work-life balance - Although hard-working, we actively promote a work-life balance and offer a 2- week summer break and 1-week winter break in addition to paid time off.