- Leverages “technical/subject matter” expertise to support business development through identifying, qualifying, and developing new opportunities and/or participating in the development of proposals for new opportunities.
- Recognized within the company and/or external organizations as an expert in technology/SME disciplines and is sufficiently knowledgeable to make implementation decisions.
- Has responsibility and accountability for developing solutions and estimates that are correct, viable, and accurate for technology projects.
- Provides leadership designing proposed solutions by leveraging current industry, technical knowledge and/or enterprise IT knowledge to identify and integrate components, products, and tools in support of new business development.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and leadership in multiple IT disciplines to include knowledge of industry standard trends, and products. Applies this knowledge to support the design/delivery of innovative solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Interfaces and communicates with senior client leadership that may include technical presentations, in their area of expertise.
- Demonstrates proficiency and leadership in solution architecture, design, development, test, configuration, deployment, and maintenance as it relates to their and related areas of expertise (e.g., software, infrastructure, training, analytics).
- Reviews project artifacts and provides an approval function for solution artifacts and plans.
- Provides technical oversight of projects or proposals for validity and completeness.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with Unisys third party companies and with other Unisys business units to facilitate the exchange of information and application of best practices to client solutions. Freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout Unisys.
- Promotes Unisys and one's own capabilities by networking with peers in other companies.
- Participates in multiple professional organizations and user groups.
- Is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of solutions as it relates to their and related areas of expertise. Ensures that all implementation artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards.
- Takes responsibility for the integrity and delivery of the larger solution or major infrastructure solution area as designated in the project plan.
- Keep abreast of information technology and applied research trends and developments and incorporate them into assignments where appropriate.
- •Generate systems software information technology policies, standards and procedures.
- May provide formal management of a team of technologists,manage performance feedback, and provide training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Leads teams by assigning and reviewing tasks.
- Serves as the technology mentor for practitioners across the project teams, divisions, and the company.
- Monitors the performance of internal and external service providers and/or sub-contractors in order to ensure the awareness or requirements, adherence to project quality, timely implementation of deliverables and resultant client satisfaction.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years’ experience in one or more technical disciplines, or equivalent experience.
Prior work experience should include:
- Proposing opportunities for follow-on business and supporting new business development.
- Exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains.
- Interaction and influence with senior client leadership.
- Significant contributions to multi-disciplined project teams to design, develop, deliver, and maintain technical solutions that meet client requirements.
- Expertise in solution implementation techniques within their related area of expertise.
- Experience in a variety of project related roles (i.e. implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, support engineer, team leader or architect).
- Multiple industry certifications in their related area of expertise.
This role may require access to export-controlled commodities and technology. Therefore, to conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Unisys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to age, caste, citizenship, color, disability, family medical history, family status, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This commitment includes our efforts to provide for all those who seek to express interest in employment the opportunity to participate without barriers. If you are a US job seeker unable to review the job opportunities herein, or cannot otherwise complete your expression of interest, without additional assistance and would like to discuss a request for reasonable accommodation, please contact our Global Recruiting organization at GlobalRecruiting@unisys.com or alternatively Toll Free: 888-560-1782 (Prompt 4). US job seekers can find more information about Unisys’ EEO commitment here.