IT Service & Support Specialist
NokiaDallas, TX4 months ago
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About Nokia IT
We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world.
In this role, you will be part of the Infrastructure team, which ensures the stability, availability and high performance of the IT infrastructure that serves Nokia’s entire workforce and upholds the technology for almost every single interaction of the company’s business. At IT Infrastructure, we set up, maintain and optimize Nokia’s enterprise computing and networking capabilities; we administer and continuously advance our Digital Workplace; and we grant IT support to a global community of end-users. On top of keeping our end-users satisfied every day, our immediate strategic priority is to progress rapidly in our aggressive digital transformation and in our journey towards a cloud-based environment. In IT Infrastructure, you are part of a team that is redefining IT and shaping the future of Nokia.
This role comprises the evaluation of internal and external client's business needs and the translation of functional requirements into technology solutions. Covers support of technical implementations in a variety of functional areas and implementation of methodologies for new information systems or for integration of existing systems.
The Internal Consultant is responsible for evaluating business strategy, processes, and technology needs, and translating requirements into internal clients' strategy in multiple areas like data center decomm, critical incident management, problem management, change management and other operation tasks. Provides consulting services for business cases and functional issues applying Nokia solutions to enable internal customers and increase the performance of the organization.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Responsible to manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services & support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved, and customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring the Service desk support team is meeting and exceeding expectations in regard to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
Provision of end-user support and ensures user efficiency by resolving problems and inquiries. Contains provision of application support according to the delivery process in business infrastructure. The Service & Support Specialist supports business software and hardware in an area of expertise. May act as a help desk support to register trouble tickets and solves complex issues from end users of software application and tools.
Performs routine assignments within standardized procedures and practices with regular supervision to achieve objectives and meet deadlines (EG analyses supplier base capabilities). Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others and uses own knowledge and existing procedures to solve standard problems.
- Cloud Computing/Edge Clouds
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication and Public Speaking
- Customer Focus
- Agile and continuous Delivery and methodologies
- Process and MoO understanding
- Software Development Processes and Tools
- Software Testing
- Software Programming
- Software Customization
- Should be hands on to resolve end user issues related to PC imaging and resolving other PC issues, Office 365 application usage including Outlook, OneDrive adoption, printer support, Authenticator setup, VPN configuration, collaboration tools, mobile device procurement, and other IT applications. Should be conversant with cabling requirements and should be able to support on cabling needs as needed.
- Should be able to handle local infrastructure including network and voice services, building cabling, and managing IT equipment rooms.
- Preferable if person has got an additional knowledge Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks. Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Should be conversant with Incident Management, Service Requests and Demand Management processes.
Key Responsibilities (% of Time)
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues for end users. Resolve and identify root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Triage priority Incidents providing guidance and recommendations for issues resolution as per agreed business SLAs
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Manage daily operations (not limited to end user management, mobility management, Infra security, Service desk etc.,) to ensure successful delivery of services by Service Provider Participate in periodic reviews providing feedback on Service Provider performance identifying opportunities to improve Service Delivery.
- Manage Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. PO review and approval/budgeting responsibility. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Bacehlor of Computer Science or equivalent
- 8-10 years of project management experience
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.