IT Security Analyst
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Group Membership Association Division of New York Life Insurance Co is seeking a responsible IT Security Analyst for a multidimensional position working in the Systems department within the division. The individual will work onsite in a hybrid mode (3 days in office / 2 days remote) out of its White Plains, NY location and will work as a member of the division’s Security Operations team handling Security Administration and Technical Support activities, tasks and functions.
In this role, the IT Security Analyst will perform a dual function by: (1) Providing Level 1 / Tier 1 Technical Support to the division’s user population and (2) Performing a range of Security Administration activities in support of the department’s mission and objectives.
Additionally, the candidate will serve as the Business Continuity Coordinator (BCC) for the department and in doing so, will work with key stakeholders to update, manage and maintain the department’s Business Contingency Plans (BCP).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate, resolve and / or escalate reported issues, perform issue follow-up and track issues to closure
- Perform User Account Governance (UAG) Activities: Conduct User On/Offboarding and Account (De)Provisioning in support of the internal and external user population
- Assist with Identity and Access Management (IAM) Activities: Process System Access Requests, Perform System Recertifications
- Business Continuity Plan Maintenance
- Monitor / Track key security metrics
- Security Risk Report Development and Distribution
- Assist with Daily Operational Monitoring, Triage and Analysis of security issues or events
- Develop and Maintain System and Security Related Documentation including Policies, Procedures, Guides, Job Aides, Requirements Documents and/or Process Flowcharts
- Assist with Data Privacy and Protection Projects and/or Initiatives
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, the candidate should be reliable, have prior education and/or experience within the area of technical support, networking, system administration, security operations and/or equivalent certifications or designations such as CEH, CCNA, CySA+, Network+, Security+, etc.
In particular, the ideal candidate should have the following:
- BS/BE in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related STEM field is Required.
- Certification in any of the following: Network+, CCNA or Equivalent
- At least 1 Information Security Certification (Security+, CISSP, CASP+, SSCP, or Equivalent)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of common security Tools, Techniques & Technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, DLP etc)
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks and Best Practices including PCI, NIST, ISO, OWASP, etc
- Knowledge of common operating systems (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, etc)
- Knowledge of network and security protocols and services (TLS, SSL, SSH, etc)
- Knowledge of BCP Methods, Techniques and/or Key Concepts
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail and Problem-Solving Skills
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.”