IT Project Manager
Modis currently has an opening for an IT Project Manager in Rochester, NY. Mostly remote but prefer local or regional in the event they need to be on-site. This person needs to have experience managing large business systems application projects. The IT Project Manager will be both initiating and managing the project.
The IT Project Manager is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, balancing competing priorities, and continuous learning are the norm. Position works under the direction of the Project Portfolio Office with dotted lined reporting accountability to the Sr. Director. Position works in collaboration with team leads, application build teams, financial, operational, and research stakeholders.
Job Details & Responsibilities:
- Establish strong partnerships with operational leaders and business unit subject matter experts
- Cultivate effective communication and coordination across constituents for successful completion of each project milestone
- Drive results from all project team members through clear responsibility / accountability and scope expectations
- Responsibilities include end-to-end project management services for of medium to large projects.
- Conforms to established guidelines, standards, and conventions for project management and business requirements documentation.
- Prior experience actively managing medium and large projects with expertise in Microsoft Project (preferred) and leading all resources, including an interdepartmental team
- Using IT Project Proposal Methodology, determines scope of the problem/project, through collaboration with the executive project sponsor, key users, and ISD system and application analysts.
- Gathers input from team members on required tasks and translates into a project plan with activities, dependencies, dates and timeframes, resource requirements, milestones and deliverables.
- Collaborates with Project Directors to assign appropriate resources to the project.
- Collaborates with Technology Advisory Council, Security, and Data Privacy teams to obtain necessary approvals.
- Utilizes a variety of project management methodologies as appropriate to the project, including Predictive, Agile/Adaptive, and Hybrid approaches.
- Manages project scope and timeline, using appropriate governance bodies and Project Portfolio Office leadership direction.
- Identifies, tracks, and manages issues, risks and mitigation plans within assigned projects, escalating as appropriate.