IT Program Manager Principle
Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
The IT Program Manager is a highly visible and key leadership role whose primary mission is to lead large and complex transformation programs for the global organization. The IT Program Manager, is responsible for providing leadership and direction to personnel engaged in planning, implementing, testing, and monitoring of computer systems and software including relevant business process and activities.
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible leading teams to implement strategic programs for the organization. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day development and progress of the programs that he/she leads. The Program Manager will be required to manage internal/external resources, multiple project dependencies, program schedules, and budgets/financials. He/she is recognized as an expert in Program and Project Management. As an IT Program Manager, he/she will oversee multiple projects belonging to a specific program; and therefore, will manage multiple Project Managers and Scrum Masters. He/She also have to coordinate with other workstreams involved in the overall company program.
He/she is also familiar with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional and remote teams, a track record of delivering results and the ability to focus on enabling business initiatives. The Program Manager assures that Insulet’s processes reflect current industry best practice and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Plan and manage large, complex projects including requirements gathering, defining deliverables, work breakdown structures, effort estimates and project schedules. Focus is on defining and delivering new processes and functionality as well as process improvements, system improvements and ensuring regulatory compliance as needed.
- Lead programs, system implementations and upgrades to deliver expanded functionality for Insulet. Oversee the projects and project leaders under the program.
- Manage the coordination of all program activities with business owners/stakeholders and program team. Communicate with all project stakeholders effectively as needed.
- Champions the development of a standard global business process, as needed
- Responsible for the overall planning, quality, delivery and management of all aspects of the programs that he/she leads, including solution and change management.
- Adheres to standard project management principles. Overall responsibility to keep the program on course. This will include management of all artifacts, risks/issues and project change requests to ensure that the program is kept on track, on budget and within agreed scope and expected quality.
- Contribute to and champions any strategic planning and process improvement initiatives as they relate to improving the overall delivery of the program.
- Responsible for providing leadership, management and direction to personnel engaged in planning, implementing, testing, and monitoring of the program.
- Lead testing efforts and define deployment and cutover plans. Ensure projects meet acceptance criteria for successful go live(s).
- Works collaboratively with business, IT staff and manages vendor activities located across the globe.
- Leads and coaches the Project and Program team
- Assures that Insulet’s processes reflect current industry best practice and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Leads program Governance and Methods - Utilize and champion governance and project management tools and processes for the effective and consistent management of all projects, which should include, but not be limited to, charters, project plans, risks and issues, testing and approval documentation.
- Partners with business leaders to help them articulate needs and requirements, plan initiatives, evaluate proposals and develop business road maps and priorities opportunities to deliver the greatest value to the organization.
- Pro-actively integrates, monitors and controls program deliverables and schedules and their dependencies.
- Requires strong communication, strategic thinking and influential relationship building skills, working jointly with business partners to influence strategic direction that best benefits the business organization.
- Drive projects towards collaboration, innovation and value that reflects the business strategy.
- Champions and delivers an organizational change management approach and objectives, including assessing and measuring business change readiness. Owns the plan to transition to business.
- Act as primary liaison with vendors, business and technical resources and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Travel may be required.
- Strategic Orientation - Understand the business context in which the technology solutions are being developed and designed to ensure alignment with business and technology strategies.
- Results Orientation - Deliver technology solutions focused on business outcome value with metrics of on time, within budget and ROI. Maintain a sense of urgency, delivering high-quality work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Collaboration and Influencing - Build meaningful relationships across the enterprise, functions, levels and geographies. Skilled in communicating complex ideas and open to ideas from others. Proven sound decision-making process and ability to influence through strong interpersonal skills, underlined by superior judgment.
- Business Strategic Planning - Work with senior business leaders to better understand business challenges, strategic goals, and process improvement opportunities. Assist in the business planning and multi-year strategic planning process for the company.
- Team Leadership - Demonstrated strong leadership skills, signifying a passion for guiding and developing others and challenging his/her team to discover an improved way of delivering value. Attract and develop a highly skilled program team. Acquire resources, set direction, and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver program results. Flexibility in style to bring out the best in people with different backgrounds and working styles, while unifying them in purpose, role clarity, and expectations related to deliverables.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; and 10+ years of Program Management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of complex project strategy and deliver on project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing and developing people (directly or indirectly)
- Outstanding leadership skills including an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of the business.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Suite including Project, PowerPoint & Visio.
- Five years of experience in a regulated industry (desirable)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be team player who thrives on working collaboratively and skilled at influencing
- Ability to influence, motivate, and manage direct reports, matrix reports, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient are essential
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively. Show good judgement and have the capacity to independently evaluate situations and identify the optimum course of action
- Extremely organized with excellent communication, influencing, and negotiating skills. Solid presentation and facilitations skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management.
- Must be strategic while also detail-oriented; highly organized and thorough
- Action oriented self-starter who can drive complex projects/programs with minimal guidance/oversight
- Understanding of the General Data Protection regulation.
Experience with SDLC processes and business analysis m
NOTE: This position is eligible for 100% remote working arrangements (may work from home/virtually 100%; may also work hybrid on-site/virtual as desired). #LI-Remote
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,440.00 - $199,690.00. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the primary work location in the US. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your Talent Acquisition Specialist can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.