IT Operations Support Specialist
Provides system operational support ensuring the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy, and availability of systems for end users.
Performs routine maintenance, facilitates customizations and changes to, and ensures system disaster recovery for systems.
Facilitates new employee technology setup, including computer setup and delivery and system access.
Resolves issues and performs authorized changes and upgrades to existing systems.
Performs preventative maintenance on IT systems and networks; monitors system performance and accuracy.
Performs root-cause analysis to identify issues.
- System Change Management - Controls the life cycle of all system changes using the required processes and tools enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services.
- Incident Management - Maintains reported issues or requests assigned via the Incident Management system to log actions taken and track trends.
- IT Operational Support - Executes ongoing activities and procedures required to manage and maintain IT services to deliver agreed service levels.
- Service Asset and Configuration Management - Manages service assets and configuration items by maintaining accurate configuration records to support other service management processes with documented and verifiable information.
- Request Fulfillment - Manages a service request through its life cycle with efficiency and professionalism using the required processes and tools to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Access Management - Manages access to services using the required processes and tools granting appropriate rights and denying unauthorized users access to comply with policy.
- Service Level Management - Ensures the quality of the services delivered meet agreed levels using the required processes and tools in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshooting - Diagnoses and resolves the customer-identified issue by utilizing appropriate department standards to satisfy customer expectations.
- Problem Solving - Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Values differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject preferred.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimal relevant work experience required.
- This position can belocated in any of the CSSNA South Territory locations.
- This position is accountable for responding to all customerrequests courteously, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in an independent environment withremote supervision.
- This role is responsible for providing preventativemaintenance on IT systems and networks,including but not limited to monitoring system performance and accuracy,performing root cause analysis to identify issues, monitor and execute ServiceNow tickets providing thorough documentation of resolution, diagnose andevaluate hardware failures on business provided computing equipment.
- Act as a liaison between Cummins Operations teams and endusers, working to identify issues and implementing solutions to those issues.
- Work closely with 3rdparty vendors for end usercomputing repairs, managing contact with those vendors and driving issues toresolution in a prompt manner.
- Assisting on Cummins IT projects as the on-site support andmanaging relationships with Cummins Project Managers, Operations, and 3rdparty vendors onsite to ensure quality work is completed within given timeline.
- Leading small, less complex projects within Cummins ITorganization, providing technical input to help identify scope of the project,identifying tasks within that scope, assigning owners to those tasks, andfollowing up to ensure completion of tasks on time.
- Work with team members to train within Cummins processes,provide input on process that need updated and work with necessary CumminsOperations team to help implement and drive process change.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Visit EEOC.gov to know your rights on workplace discrimination.