IT Operations Senior Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an IT Operations Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for supporting Grid Computing Project and Operations support groups as a Portfolio Manager.
You will support projects of varying size and complexity, which require you to make daily decisions associated with project health, vendor performance, portfolio financials, and risks / issues. You will ensure technology investments deliver positive business value and are directly associated with strategic Organizational Unit (OU) goals. You’ll partner and collaborate with multiple internal and external partners, at various levels of management including IT vendors, Cybersecurity, Change & Release Management, Service Management, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations. You’ll align multiple collaborators to assess performance against project plans, issue resolution, and escalation; effectively communicate with all levels of leadership.
As an IT Operations Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Work with project managers to obtain schedules, dependencies, and compliance requirements.
- Identify project collisions and coordinate prioritization efforts.
- Manage the project intake, demand management and implementation coordination of all projects being deployed into the Grid Datacenter.
- Support process improvement initiatives to evaluate end to end processes throughout the organization and help identify and prioritize areas of improvement.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of work orders; records, logs, documents, files, and databases for use in monitoring, tracking and trending.
- Perform monthly forecasting against YTD recorded budget variance analysis on capital expenditures and O&M expense, report on basic finish dates, proactively run budget reports for hardware, software maintenance and licensing.
- Oversee, analyze, and manage capital funded refresh budget into various tracking tools and provide continuous maintenance and support to ensure data accuracy using data from SAP, Ariba, and financial data (historical and operations plans, and accruals).
- Prepares assessments and provides guidance and recommendations to Grid Computing management and project teams on yearly hardware refresh work and internal projects to best manage budget. This work would be achieved by reviewing assets being refreshed and identifying individual projects, opening work orders to support individual projects, providing SAP monthly reports to management by researching, analyzing activity on work orders and reconciling accounting discrepancies.
- Initiate and coordinate meetings, event planning, off-site meetings/conferences.
- Coordinate and prepare of presentation materials and may develop some materials by researching and finalizing complex assignments.
- Under guidance, perform transactions involving the purchases for hardware, licensing of materials, supplies, services, technology, and/or equipment.
- Participate in sourcing findings, forecasts, and cost projections with minor to moderate impact on business and operational strategy using data from SAP, Ariba, and financial data (historical and operation plans, and accruals).
Qualifications - The essentials
- Ten (10) or more years of IT portfolio management or product line management.
- Seven (7) or more years of professional work experience handling budgets, service contracts, and maintenance contracts.
- Three (3) or more years of experience leading or handling IT projects with balanced business and technical knowledge to provide credible leadership to multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Product Owners, Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Three (3) or more years of experience leading project quality, including quality assurance, metrics, and quality controls.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- PMP or Project Management Certification, or equivalent combination of training and experience managing project management.
- Six Sigma, COBIT, CSAM or equivalent, One or more ITIL Practitioner Certifications, PMP, CBCP.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.