IT Onsite and Services Manager
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
This is a management position within the IT Operations and Governance organization. This management position has oversight responsibilities over Wichita site’s executive and conference room support, remote US site IT support, and partner with our services provider to ensure available and reliable IT infrastructure services such as Network, hosting and storage, data center, Level 1 monitoring, cloud managed services, On-site IT service center, helpdesk, desktop packaging, imaging and virtualization, mobile device management, and Office 365 services.
The Site Support and Services Manager will manage direct team members in support of these services as well as oversight and partnership with the infrastructure services.
The preferred candidate for this role will have prior experience with IT helpdesk, on-site IT support, vendor partnership management, a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, team communication and management or leadership roles, be able to communicate both written and verbally across the organization and levels in a professional manner.
- Collaborate with outsourced service providers and internal stakeholders
- Partner with outsourced services providers to ensure IT infrastructure services meet standards, meets or exceeds SLA’s, implement process improvements, resolve escalations, and set priorities as needed
- Work within the established vendor management governance framework
- Manage Executive support and conference room team to provide support to Spirit executives
- Management of US remote site support personnel located in Kinston, Tulsa, and Dallas, and may require periodic or occasional travel
- Manage service owners team
- Monitor backlog and address for mitigation
- Ensure representation regarding IT outages or issues
- Manage, lead, mentor, inspire and hold team members accountable
- Develop team members through engaging in regular one on ones, review plans, staff communication meetings
- Remove roadblocks or escalate, as appropriate
- Bachelor of Science in related IT discipline
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be onsite at the Wichita facility
- Ability to travel periodically or occasionally to other Spirit sites
- Contract management and negotiation skills a plus, however not required
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.