IT Network Engineer
What’s in it for you?
The Information Technology Operations (IT Operations) team provides critical operational support for all Fictiv technology systems. This team covers new IT network setup for LAN/WAN/VPC/VPN, desktop hardware configuration and roll out, desktop software management, access control, security training and help desk support. IT Operations collaborates very closely with the Cloud Infrastructure Operations team to ensure secure access to Fictiv systems for all Fictiv employees.
Impact In This Role
You will utilize your deep knowledge of OKTA, Network Administration, Security Event Management, and SaaS Management to provide critical day-to-day support for Fictiv employees and partners. Success in this role will be measured by implementing strategic initiatives through deliverables on key milestones and providing solutions to complex, cross-functional projects, including - systems design, implementation and maintenance, new facility site expansion, employee life-cycle management, and company-wide security best practices.
The person in this role will work from our office in the Arts District of Phoenix and report to the IT Operations Lead.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Integrate new and current SaaS platforms into OKTA (including Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Greenhouse, Marketo, ADP, Outreach, Wordpress and more).
- Develop automation workflows within OKTA to streamline employee lifecycle tasks (on-boarding/off-boarding/access provisioning), team and group assignments.
- Assist in managing new and current SaaS platforms (including Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, MDM and more).
- Design, configure and deploy a company wide VPN solution.
- Create and deploy certificates and access controls for VPN solutions.
- On site deployments of Networking Services (WAN, LAN and site to VPC), using Cisco Meraki equipment.
- Site location deployments of Security and Access Controls (facilities access), using Openpath and video monitoring equipment.
- Contribute to the development of IT Operations run-books and knowledge base.
- Enforce security policies and procedures to ensure SOC 2 compliance.
- Identify, remediate, and review security events in CrowdStrike, Google Workspace, and OKTA.
- Hardware inventory maintenance, tracking including assignment, provisioning and surplus tracking.
- Educate, support and train employees on policies and procedures, including new hire orientation.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or Technical Trade School.
- Technical certifications will be given preference (CompTIA Network+ / Security+ / Cloud+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator, OKTA Certified Professional/Administrator).
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations and/or SaaS Operations.
- A solid understanding of SOC2 compliance.
- Experience in ISO27001 compliance is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration and administration of medium/large scale OKTA SSO installations, including secure password management practices, role and group management practices and integration practices.
- Experience in administering Google Suite, Slack, Zoom and other SaaS tools for a company of 300+ employees.
- Hands-on experience with Kandji MDM and/or other MDM solutions.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki configurations related to routers, switches, VPNs, VPCs, LANs and WANs, encryption and access control.
- High degree of confidence in troubleshooting hardware and software issues for macOS and Windows devices.
- Clear and engaging communication style of building positive relationships across the Fictiv organization.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, track, and communicate project deliverables and identify those deliverables at risk of missing a given deadline.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
- Great attitude when dealing with difficult people and good at building strong trust based relationships with stakeholders.
- Adept at shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to recommend actionable insights from assigned projects and helpdesk requests.
- Ability to travel to Fictiv locations as required. Minimal projected travel is less than 25%.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically diverse and dispersed teams.
- Work with offshore team members to ensure IT support, security and management needs are seamlessly met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Traits of a successful partnership:
- You’re Passionate and Empathetic - You have a passionate commitment to people and deep empathy for how supporting individuals leads to a stronger company culture.
- You’re Collaborative – It is expected that you will partner with various departments to ensure organizational needs are met and to develop strategic programs.
- You will serve as an Advocate – In the role, you will solicit and listen to concerns, and take an active role in resolving problems.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!