Together we strive for everyone’s opportunity towards a better financial future.
Together we stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunity. We strive for better together. We advocate for everyone and not against anyone. Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision to be America’s Retirement Company®.
Please Note: This position has been designated as a hybrid-office/home role. Details of your in-office schedule will be finalized with your manager.
In this role as an IT Manager, you are expected to supervise a team or team(s) of IT professionals and sometimes, nonexempt employees who support them. You are directly responsible for results produced by the teams, groups, and sub-units managed as well as guiding your reporting staff in completing their tasks, coordinating group work flow, and providing skill training based on personal proficiency in the technical processes, techniques, and tools they use.
- Manages projects, programs, or processes; applies work methods to adapt to changing conditions consistent with Voya-prescribed methodologies and standards.
- Approves design, technical, or operational specifications developed by subordinates. Ensures that the final work product of subordinates meets all quality standards.
- Coordinates work across multiple work teams; develops, updates, and implements contingencies for multiple teams to meet changing project or service needs. Anticipates changing resource needs and takes action to meet expectations on time and within budget.
- Defines work group goals and establishes priorities and staff performance expectations.
- Identifies and initiates work process and tool improvements that lead to increased workplace productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Responsible for conducting periodic performance reviews for staff, including professional development plans and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (IT).
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology (IT).
- Possesses previous people management and application management experience.
- Experience managing application development resources, including on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Strong experience working within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and handling administrative/budgeting responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in project execution with involvement in multiple major projects or a sustained record of success as an IT services provider.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities. Misuse of Voya's name in fraud schemes