This role can be part time remote but must be in the Greater Boston area
As the IT Manager, you will directly support our company goals by making sure every single team member can achieve maximum efficiency and performance in their roles through their use of company software, hardware, and other tooling. You will be responsible for the end-to-end installation, maintenance, support, and ongoing upgrades of all company devices, productivity and collaboration software, networking systems, and all other tools and hardware that make the magic happen.
We are looking for someone with a wide range of experience with various technologies and who still loves to roll up either sleeves and help end users but also has a desire for having more ownership of the entire IT infrastructure for a small but growing company.
This is a one-of-a-kind, fun and rewarding opportunity for someone who lives and breathes technology, systems administration, technical writing/training, and especially the team collaboration aspect of the role.
- Provide a white glove end user support to company employees facing hardware, software, email delivery, account access issues, and more
- Perform end-to-end IT functions related to employee onboarding and offboarding
- Write up robust, clear & attractive end-user documentation to help employees become self-sufficient
- Install, configure, and manage inventory of computer hardware, operating systems, and applications in the Apple/Macbook ecosystem
- Manage Google Workspace accounts, access, and application suite, including Gmail, Drive/Docs, Calendar, Groups, and more
- Support all company productivity software solutions including Dropbox, Microsoft Office suite, Slack, and more
- Help advise on and support productive, effective home office and co-working setups for remote employees
- Troubleshoot system and network issues, including wireless access points and other devices at the Boston office
- Analyze, test, and evaluate new products and services to enhance employee productivity and satisfaction
- Help ensure security best practices are being followed within the company by performing regular security training & auditing
- Support of Audio/Visual devices such as monitors, TV’s/presentation devices, and conference phones
- Manage company IT expenses
We believe the following will set you up for success in this role. If you don't have all of these qualifications, please still consider applying and tell us more about what makes you a great candidate for this role! We value unique perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
- An active listener who can understand end user requests and be able think critically about the best way to solve the user's problem
- Self starter, someone who will notice inefficiencies or errors and go about finding a solution without having to be told exactly what to
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to autonomously prioritize and manage day-to-day support requests and one-off IT projects
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing documentation and responding to help requests
- An understanding of basic project management concepts and how to use tools like Asana to manage complex tasks and keep stakeholders informed
- Strong research skills
- A commitment & ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Capability & desire to write high quality documentation that can enable staff to become more proficient & productive
- Ability to multi-task effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Uncompromising integrity, especially when administering sensitive company and employee information
- Familiarity with Google Workplace collaboration suite (past experience with O365 is acceptable as well)
- Understanding of mobile device management (MDM) especially for a primarily remote staff
- Experience providing high-quality support to remote/work from home staff
- Experience supporting various SaaS based solutions (Dropbox, Slack, LastPass, iCloud, Mailchimp, etc)
- Experience with managing IT inventory (i.e. both hardware and software licenses) for a company
- Knowledge of the Apple ecosystem including supporting both the hardware and operating systems
- Familiarity or desire to learn how to deploy SSO solutions
- Exposure to security best practices
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of cloud server administration (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Linux server support experience
Benefits & Perks
- Eligibility for performance bonuses
- Choice among six health insurance plans
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
- Unlimited PTO and flexibility to work remotely
- Extremely generous company holiday policy, with 16+ paid holidays annually including 2 floating holidays
- Highly parent-friendly culture, including 12 full weeks of parental leave plus additional 4 weeks of part-time parental leave, all fully paid
- Summer Fridays
- FSA and HSA offered
- Life insurance
- Optional short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Free One Medical membership offering same-day primary care over video or in person
- Free Health Advocate services to help navigate the healthcare system
- Dog-friendly office (if in Boston)
- Expected salary range is $70-95K depending on experience
Interview Process & Expectations
We intend to move quickly to finalize a hire. You can expect 2-3 rounds of interviews, including an initial phone screen, a work product test with the Director of Engineering & IT and a subsequent interview with the wider team.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via our applicant tracking system (SmartRecruiters). All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Her Campus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and expanding diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Her Campus Media does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.