IT Leadership Support Specialist
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide support and service to Sedgwick's leadership team; to resolve complex technical problems; to engage in incident, change, and problem management; to maintain documentation of key systems and processes; to deliver superior service and technology support to Sedgwick's senior leadership team; and to provide conference and executive meeting support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides superior onsite and remote IT support for Sedgwick's senior leadership team.
- Maintains high level of customer focus during all interactions.
- Ensures IT support processes and procedures are adhered to and departmental objectives are met.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and non-technical issues or questions from internal and external customers.
- Monitors workloads and status to ensure documentation is thorough and relevant.
- Ensures IT customer service standards are met and communicates high-visibility issues to immediate supervisor.
- Builds strong relationships with team members and Sedgwick leadership team.
- Works continuously to identify areas of improvement.
- Handles complex troubleshooting and system issues.
- Conducts root cause analysis to reduce downtime and eliminate recurring issues.
- Evaluates and tests Windows updates and application patches.
- Evaluates, reviews, and recommends next-generation technology.
- Maintains proper communications with customers, providing frequent status updates and next steps.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Five (5) years of Help Desk or technical support service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including proficiency in supporting Windows 10 and 11 operating systems. Familiarity with Apple operating systems a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels of Sedgwick's senior leadership team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong oral, written, and business communication skills, including telephone support
- Keen understanding of enterprise technology: PCs, mobile devices, telephony, networking, client/server, and enterprise applications (OS, productivity tools, video conferencing, Microsoft Teams)
- Analytical, interpretive, and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle stress and act with sense of urgency
- Aptitude and interest in learn new technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Willing and able to work on-call rotation and travel as required
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
- Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
- Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, consider applying for it anyway! Sedgwick is building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and recognizes that each person possesses a unique combination of skills, knowledge, and experience. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.