IT Executive Support
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia.
The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Spirit AeroSystems Inc. is looking for an Executive Support Technician to work in our Wichita office. The technician will be responsible for providing best in class executive support for Spirit employees, including direct support of C-Level Executives.
This is a key role, interfacing with executives and clients between the Technology department and across business units. A successful candidate will be technically adept, hands‐on, a self‐starter, passionate about technology, communicative, and collaborative.
The Executive Support Technician is required to maintain a high degree of professionalism and discretion, have superior hardware and software skills, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Work within the Executive Support team to provide best in class, white-glove support to the Spirit Executives and their assistants in the Wichita office and satellite locations.
- Provide hands on support for Spirit Executives who are experiencing desktop hardware, software, mobile, audio/visual, and networking issues and provide complete follow-through to successful resolution. Be proactive in identification of problems to reduce end user downtime.
- Plan, schedule and execute computer equipment installations, imaging, upgrades, and replacement projects.
- Provide white glove support during the onboarding and offboarding of executive and assistant new hires.
- Support of special events and executive meetings in house and remote locations requiring travel.
- Log, update, monitor, and follow up on support requests in ticketing system.
- Act as escalation point for other Technology support team members.
- Manage and prioritize tasks efficiently, and to the required level of quality, within the context of the objectives supplied by management.
- Procure, image, and deploy Windows desktops and laptops using the current Spirit imaging toolset.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and/or updates to key software and hardware used within Spirit.
- Train employees on current and new technologies available to them.
- Work directly with the wider Technology team on special projects, including but not limited to new technology deployment and cybersecurity initiatives.
- Work with the support team and all other Technology groups to escalate and follow-up on complex issues and projects.
- Support remote access and cloud technologies to ensure Spirit employees can work from remote locations.
- Manage mobile device carrier accounts including add/move/changes and escalations.
- Serve as a liaison between Spirit and third-party vendors.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Corporate Help Desk/Desktop Support environment including support of C-Level Executives.
- An excellent customer service manner is required, with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and advanced level troubleshooting skills.
- Detail-oriented to carry out tasks thoroughly with accuracy and consistency.
- Experience working with Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 (client and admin functions; advanced Outlook configuration- i.e. delegations, mailbox access, etc), Okta, and Windows environments, and have a good understanding of networks in a corporate environment. Knowledge of collaboration tools like Box, Slack, G-Suite, Teams, Webex, and Zoom.
- Experience with supporting multiple platforms of mobile devices: iOS devices and Android.
- Knowledge of IOT, automation systems, networking, AV, and infosec best practices.
- Ability to quickly and appropriately prioritize and/or escalate multiple requests and bring them to successful resolution.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy to heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications.
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.