IT Business Analyst
Canon U.S.A., Inc. in Melville, NY is seeking an IT Business Analyst (Analyst, App Ops & Deploy). B2B Sales and Planning Solution Delivery and Operations team supports the B2B business for the entire Canon Americas – USA, Canada and Latin America. The portfolio of applications include e-commerce platforms, sales forecasting and planning systems, strategic pricing tools, business process tools, subscription platforms, user management system among others. This portfolio of applications generates multi-million dollar revenue and is key to Canon’s business. The team is currently growing and is seeking an experienced business analyst to help guide our portfolio into the future. Our ideal candidate is a curious problem solver, expert communicator, and top-notch analyst.
The Analyst is responsible for supporting assigned business processes end-to-end on activities from ensuring day-to-day operations to leading small to mid-size projects.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
- Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders
- Conduct workshops, interviews etc. to elicit requirements
- Work with stakeholders, senior analyst, architects to perform cost-benefit analysis on major/complex requests
- Document requirements (i.e. specifications, user stories, process models, diagrams, charts, mockups, acceptance criteria etc.) in a clear manner that is comprehensible to development teams
- Assist with the interpretation of requirements into feasible solutions, and communicate these back to the business stakeholders
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the lifecycle
- Deliver quality products by actively participating in QA and UAT cycles by reviewing test cases, validating test results and conducting smoke testing
- Increase business satisfaction by ensuring delivered features and functions meet the acceptance criteria
- Manage and track day-to-day operations with Managed Services
- Resolve production support issues by researching and coordinating with Managed Services, infrastructure, integration and other teams
- Track remediation efforts with managed services to ensure compliance with all security, regulatory and quality policies and procedures
- Report status on regular basis and escalate, highlight risks as appropriate
- Liaison and develop meaningful and lasting relationships with the business user communities, within the Corporate IT organization, and Managed Services vendors to optimize support and solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience performing business analysis in IT
- Strong requirements elicitation, gathering, and documentation skills, at business, functional, and technical levels
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate and manage stakeholders
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and be able to use judgement to escalate and seek guidance
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Development framework
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Understanding of programming languages and technology
- Team player, collaborator and experience working with remote resources and staff in geographically dispersed areas
- Retail, manufacturing industry, B2B commerce experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including MS Project, MS Visio a plus
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
In accordance with applicable law, we are providing the anticipated salary range for this role: $67,280 - $100,750
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including, for eligible positions, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting.
Hybrid - This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office two company designated days a week and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.