IT Business Analyst
The role of the Business Analyst is to assist the business in assessing systems and user needs. This also includes managing multiple projects of a small to medium scale and scope as required. Facilitate business and functional requirements gathering. Ensure adherence and coordination with the PMO standards and processes. Serve as a liaison between the business and IT team.
- The role of the Business Analyst is to assist the business in assessing systems and user needs. This also includes managing multiple projects of a small to medium scale and scope as required. Facilitate business and functional requirements gathering. Ensure adherence and coordination with the PMO standards and processes. Serve as a liaison between the business and IT team.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Accurately document detailed description of the user needs, system functions and business requirements to develop or modify computer programs to optimize the implementation of software enhancements, changes and/or new software implementations.
- Conduct impact analysis and document customer business processes.
- Assist with project management for selected projects.
- Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce better business outcomes.
- Assist with testing of business processes and recommend improvements.
- Participate in root cause analysis in order to recommend process enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve products, with both the business units and IT.
- Map customer requirements to the company’s products, create functional specifications for identified gaps and participate in solution implementation review.
- Maintain Scope and maintain project timelines.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Business Analysis Certificate, optional.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Project and Visio.
- Knowledge of the SDLC with the ability to work within the defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively facilitate requirements gathering sessions, review and issue resolution involving multiple stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system analysis concepts and techniques.
- Experience in effective communication and be able to demonstrate a strong ability to speak and listen effectively to all levels within the organization, including executives.
- Experience in writing comprehensive documentation that describes the project objectives, scope and functionality.
- Airline/Travel industry background or related field is preferred.
- Domesitc & International travel under 10% of time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits, and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2022 and by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement means boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.