IT Audit Supervisor
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac’s hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
The Information Systems Audit (ISA) team is part of the Internal Audit Division and provides independent assurance over how Information Technology risk is managed at Freddie Mac.
Staff members on the ISA team are highly-skilled audit, risk management, and/or technology professionals with a demonstrated ability to provide valuable audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a meaningful role in crafting Freddie Mac’s approach to handling Information & Technology risk by providing independent, objective, and beneficial assurance of risk management, governance, and controls.
The IT Audit Supervisor will be part of this team and focus on performing end-to-end audit services on Information & Technology risk. These duties span over multiple areas while reviewing Freddie Mac’s core business processes down to delivering audits directed on core Information Technology General Controls. As part of the Third Line of Defense the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and practitioners in the First Line of Defense in both the lines of business and Information Technology. In this role you will:
- Work independently and as part of audit teams and ensure work is completed on time and in keeping with professional standards.
- Perform and document work such as procedure development, walkthroughs and controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- Provide consultative advice to business and IT management on current or emerging Information & Technology risk, control, and governance matters.
- Based on the work performed, identify and draft strategic, business focused issues and communicate results to relevant partners
- Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and standard methodologies.
- Maintain, supervise, and communicate project status to key partners.
- Mentor, guide, and complete project performance evaluations for junior staff within the context of individual audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Business with an emphasis in Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years progressive experience auditing Information & Technology risks in a complex, IT environment
- Solid understanding of industry standards to include COBIT, NIST, ISO, or ITIL
- Platform, middleware, and application audit experience including the various levels of the OSI model and technologies including Windows, Unix, and Oracle.
- Basic knowledge of cloud-based tools, applications, and vendors such as AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Detailed understanding and ability to communicate various change and project management methodologies (SDLC, Agile)
- Privacy and Information security risk compliance experience with regulatory environments including GDPR or CCPA
- CISA, CPA, or CIA or willingness to obtain within the first year of employment
- Additional certifications such as PMP, CRISC, CISM, CISSP desirable
- Proven work with data analytics and supporting tools (Tableau, SAS, Python) desirable
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Equally productive in a collaborative or individual setting
- Creative and analytical problem solver
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Detailed, thorough, and technically focused
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.