IT Audit Manager
Overall responsibility for the planning, scoping, and delivery of audit assignments to ensure that all business and technology risks are anticipated, identified, recognized, and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives. The Audit Manager is responsible for delivering reports to and participating in discussions with Senior Management as well as driving audit planning, workpaper reviews, and finding impact analysis.
Audit activities include the following:
- Performing pre- and post-implementation application reviews, including access security, change management, computer operations domains, application controls, system input validations, approval workflows, and reports testing;
- Run audit life cycle, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issues management.
- Develop appropriate audit scope, design innovative audit approach, and review evidence of controls.
- Conduct walkthroughs with management to assess controls design.
- Identify, assess, and present findings and their impact to management along with recommendations on practical yet effective mitigation strategies.
- Draft audit reports
- Management relationships closely with stakeholders to keep them informed of status and exceptions (“no surprises”).
- Review audit deliverables prepared by junior associates to make sure that they meet departmental and professional standards of quality in support of audit conclusions.
- Review testing on corrective actions to ensure that remediation implemented is effective.
- Review annual SOX testing of technology and business controls within Investments and Investments Compliance functions.
- Partner with regional and offshore audit team members, data analytics resources, and management to evaluate, test the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
Performs other duties as assigned:
- Provide input into annual audit pipeline
- Identify and aggregate audit themes for MetLife Senior Leadership and Board
- Develop analytics solutions applying data governance and leveraging data analytics tools such Alteryx, Power BI, and Computer Aided Auditing Techniques (CAAT) for effective audit risk assessments and testing
- Lead and mentor junior associates
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering (willing to accept foreign education equivalent)
- 5+ yrs. of audit experience in IT, regulatory compliance, and large-scale implementation of processes and/or systems.
- Possesses proficient understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA standards, auditing sampling and testing methodologies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, risk management, and SEC reporting
- Ability to self-start and quickly learn new areas of the business by applying solid foundation and understanding of internal controls and general business practices.
- Must possess CISA, CIA, CPA, or other relevant designation
- Possesses proficient understanding of IT general controls (change management, logical security, data backup and retention, etc.), application controls, and proficient understanding of system development.
- Possesses proficient understanding of Investments, applications, and processes
- Prior experience with pre and post implementation audits of large systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interviewing skills
- Prior experience with use of data analytics to achieve assurance and/or risk assessments a plus.
- Experience with SOX , SSAE18 , and regulatory audits
- Design and use data analytics
- Able to manage multiple audits are completed within quality, time and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor junior associates
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Security risks and cloud auditing control objectives.
Corporate Services Audit
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.