IT Applications Analyst
We are looking for a talented IT Applications Analyst, Senior - Sales and Aftermarket to join our team specializing in systems/information technology for our Power Systems Business Segment in Minneapolis, MN
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Provides comprehensive application functionality, configuration and support expertise for application software solutions; works with business analysts, architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
- Analyzes and evaluates application functionality and provides recommendations to increase utilization of standard application functionality to improve business processes and capabilities.
- Determines and documents optimum application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements and specifications; configures and verifies application setup and configuration
Develops expertise in emerging application and solution trends and functionality; provides functional recommendations for assigned applications and systems.
- Conducts analysis of potential application solutions, identifies and recommends solutions to address functionality gaps in the application.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve functionality issues.
- Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather, document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs.
- Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
- Creates and manages functional specifications for a given project from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Solution Design - Creates and defines the solution design complete with instrumentation and measurement, using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to synthesize diagrams, models and documentation in order to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Functional Fit Analysis - Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Modeling - Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using industry standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Configuration - Configures, creates and tests a solution for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Validation Testing - Validates a configuration item change or solution using the Function's defined best practices, including the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.
- Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Tech savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- 12Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to partner with test services team at Cummins to drive the PSBU IT Sales team test strategy; define and facilitate test planning and execution.
- Team and/or testing leadership.
- Share process knowledge with internal and external team members through communication mechanisms defined in a communication plan, with consideration for the audience.
- Self-starter with the ability perform deep-dive analysis and articulate recommendations and risks; illustrates/articulates effectively with graph, Visio, PowerPoint etc. Provide/prepared leadership updates.
- Dev Ops experience desired.
- Ideal candidate would be familiar with Project Management, Continuous Improvement and 6Sigma.
- Agile development knowledge/experience desired. Ideal candidate will have experience with Jira, Q-test and test automation.
- Salesforce/Salesforce CPQ experience ideal.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Shoreview, CPG Headquarters Victoria St
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Nov 6, 2023, 8:30:54 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Power Systems Business
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Ineligible
Req ID: 23000A4Y
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Visit EEOC.gov to know your rights on workplace discrimination.