Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
This is an Onsite position in North Kingstown, RI.
This position is eligible for the Americas referral program for external candidates: Tier 1 - $2500 Referral Bonus.
Thales DIS is looking for an IT Administrator to join the manufacturing plant in North Kingstown, RI. The IT Admin will ensure that the general Office infrastructure and systems meet business requirements, service levels, and are both reliable and secure. Support and maintain the Production and R&D LAN and interconnections.
Assist the site IT Manager in the delivery of technical projects for Thales DIS internal customers in line with the DIS IT strategy. Ensure the vendor and customer compliance of the implemented logical security controls with the Thales DIS standards and security systems.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
- Administer networks and systems (implementation and support of servers and network infrastructure)
- Work closely with Thales sub-contractors on technical support and projects (EG, T-Systems, NCR, Atos Origin, MSC)
- Work closely with the IBS and BP&P technical teams on support issues and projects
- Recommend, design and deliver improvements to the network and systems to meet changing demands and new technology advances
- Maintain a strict change control regime for all changes affecting the infrastructure in line with ITIL standards
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation on the network, including Network Topology diagrams, back-up and restore procedures, security procedures and operational processes.
- 5+ years of experience in an IS/IT support role with a broad understanding of technologies
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows, specifically in a virtual (VMWare) environment
- Good understand of networking with solid troubleshooting skills
- Practical knowledge of information security best practice
- Customer and business focused
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Service and delivery orientated
- SSCP, CompTIA Security +, ISC2 CC or similar IT security accreditation
- CCNA, MCSA/MCSE, VCA/VCP
- ITIL V3 Foundation or above
- Flexible approach to work hours
- Infrequent travel to other Americas and EMEA sites to provide project support or training
- Some manual labor requirements (ability to install servers and network hardware in racks, etc.)
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.