At Aurora Sky, the Irrigation Supervisor is a key member of the Cultivation Team. Under the leadership and direction of the Lead Cultivator, the Irrigation Supervisor is responsible for operating and managing the irrigation and climate control systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain irrigation systems. Troubleshoot when necessary.
- Ensure healthy crop growth by maintaining good root zone conditions (EC/pH) as well as proper irrigation frequencies.
- Coordinate mixing fertilizers according to guidelines/policies.
- Procure fertilizer and amendments. Track and maintain inventory levels.
- Document nutrient usage and maintenance.
- Participate and coordinate grow room sanitation efforts as well as other chemical applications deemed necessary.
- Coordinate and perform general preventative and corrective maintenance of the system when required.
- Collect and interpret fertilizer concentrations. Take necessary actions to adjust fertilizer levels.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely & effective operations, including facility maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate IPM related activities with other members of the Cultivation Team.
- Train, coach, manage and empower Irrigation staff.
- Provide fair and balanced performance feedback to staff on a regular basis to encourage and motivate a positive workforce.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Encourage employee involvement to achieve shared organizational objectives.
- Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR).
- Where applicable, promote and maintain additional regulatory requirements (e.g. ISO, GMP, CUMCS, etc).
- Participate as required in Aurora Sky’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and practices, and make corrections to prevent injuries and product loss.
- Support by completing safety inspections in the irrigation and production area as well as being involved in incident investigation and inspection programs.
- Position details and activities may change from time to time in order to meet operational needs.
- Periodic weekend work may be required.
- Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
- Actively and proactively engage in the ongoing management and improvement of Aurora’s quality system.
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and irrigation equipment is required
- Previous greenhouse experience is strongly desired.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture is strongly desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Mechanically inclined and able to work with tools
- Experience using climate/irrigation control systems (Priva, Argus, or Hoogendoorn) is strongly desired.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work in a greenhouse climate.
Aurora thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Aurora is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.